Google forces Google+ and Gmail Sign-ups

New Google account users are now forced to sign up to both Gmail and Google+ accounts simultaneously.

Read #-Link-Snipped-# .

Is Google being Smart / Pushy? What do you think?

I think that is Smart, but Pushy. I feel it will inflate false G+ accounts.

Replies

• K Vikrant
    K Vikrant
    Every now and then Microsoft tries very hard to eat into Google's search engine market.
    Google is now trying to do similar things with Facebook's social networking market.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Google is also shutting down most of its services and making others open source.
    Google officially announced the shutdown of Picnik in April this year. So more users make use of Google+ Photos. 😁
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    Dancer_Engineer
    Is Google being Smart / Pushy? What do you think?
    That's a foolish step by google. G+ is one of the worst social networking site i've ever used.
    After introducing G+, i've observed so many difficulties in using Gmail too.
    Dancer_Engineer
    So more users make use of Google+ Photos. 😁
    Not at all. User's will search for other alternative ways.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    K!r@nS!ngu
    That's a foolish step by google. G+ is one of the worst social networking site i've ever used.
    After introducing G+, i've observed so many difficulties in using Gmail too.
    What difficulties have you faced in using Gmail? I regularly use G+ and have not faced any difficulty as yet.
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    Dancer_Engineer
    What difficulties have you faced in using Gmail? I regularly use G+ and have not faced any difficulty as yet.
    whenever i am trying access account settings it is re-directing to G+ account.
  • K Vikrant
    K Vikrant
    I prefer using #-Link-Snipped-# settings in GMail . 😉
    I am not such a 'dynamic' person you know .
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    K!r@nS!ngu
    whenever i am trying access account settings it is re-directing to G+ account.
    Ahh, I think I too faced that. But that's not much of an issue.
    It redirects to a Settings page, where you can simultaneously access the settings of both G+ and Gmail.
    I think Google is trying to bring everything together, or to be precise it is trying to make most of its services available on G+. 😁
    K Vikrant
    I prefer using #-Link-Snipped-# settings in GMail . 😉
    I am not such a 'dynamic' person you know .
    So that means you haven't tried the new Gmail? 😛
  • K Vikrant
    K Vikrant
    Dancer_Engineer
    So that means you haven't tried the new Gmail? 😛
    I have and I found it too feature rich. I don't want chat , buzz , Google plus , tasks , etc on 1 crowded place. The basic HTML interface seems pristine and clutter-free. What's more it loads instantly. No matter how fast broadband you use (in India) ,Gmail standard takes some time to load. Flip side is that basic HTML doesn't auto refresh, but who cares. I don't expect a mail every other minute anyway.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    can Any one suggest better than Gmail 😎
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Piggybacking has always been around for quite some time now. The reason why Windows (came bundled with IBM PCs), and why IE (came bundled with Windows) became market leaders early on is precisely because of this reason.

So whats wrong if Google does it. If you do not want to use the service, ok, do not use it. What is to be commended is the engineering behind them, and the awesomeness of a singular Google Account. One id to rule them all!!

For folks who are complaining about G+, don't use them. But I see Google backing up G+ to the hilt, and it aint going anywhere 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Data Journalism Awards competition, run by the European Journalism Centre and sponsored by Google, is now accepting submissions. Data journalism—in which reporters leverage numerical data and databases to gather,...
A study of how snakes moves reveals a low energy expenditure locomotion, which is very important to robots as on board power conservation is quite important. Georgia Tech has successfully...
Can I seperate the pure oxygen from the air with low expensive device ? and can the seperated oxygen be used in air conditioning process ? If the above cannot...
The People’s Republic of China, commonly known as China, is the most populous state in the worldwith over 1.3 billion people, and Shanghai with its population of 19 million is...
can anyone tel me any algorithm(links to existing) for converting an image into a non readable text?.. i found some convertors available but i want to know how it works.any...