Google Drive Takes The Wheel

Google Drive has officially entered the highly competitive market in data storage services for small businesses and private customers, alongside Microsoft, Apple and DropBox. Drive will allow Google customers to store documents, videos and photos onto Google servers where they can be accessed at any time from any web based connection device. Customers will reportedly be able to share any of these features with family, friends or business clients. With the use of a Drive mobile app, photos or videos from your phone would be uploaded and the customer would only email the link to the videos or photos.

Google's competition with DropBox will allegedly become more intense after it was disclosed that they intend to offer their service plan of 100GB of storage for a monthly fee of $4.99 versus DropBoxΓ’€™s current plan of 50GB of storage for $10 a month. Reportedly, Drive offers 5GB of free storage while Box only offers 2GB and Drive is available for Windows, Macintosh and Android devices. With the addition of Google Doc being integrated into Drive, consumers already using Google services will be able to take advantage of unlimited applications for home or office use.

Tech News Brought To You By #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• manishks
    manishks
    Dropbox will have tough time competing with google drive! Google drive have entered the market with a bang!!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    manishks
    Dropbox will have tough time competing with google drive! Google drive have entered the market with a bang!!
    I think still Good Drive is in process. waiting for it. πŸ˜€
  • manishks
    manishks
    godfather
    I think still Good Drive is in process. waiting for it. πŸ˜€
    Yeah πŸ˜€ but as biggie said in other thread google have reach to large no of users(because of gmail, gplus etc) it has an edge! But yes since it is still pretty new, we cant say any thing πŸ˜€
    You know what i wasnt even aware about skydrive and dropbox! πŸ˜› i came to know about them on CE only πŸ˜‰
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    manishks
    Yeah πŸ˜€ but as biggie said in other thread google have reach to large no of users(because of gmail, gplus etc) it has an edge! But yes since it is still pretty new, we cant say any thing πŸ˜€
    You know what i wasnt even aware about skydrive and dropbox! πŸ˜› i came to know about them on CE only πŸ˜‰
    Give a try to Dropbox its A.W.E.S.O.M.E
  • manishks
    manishks
    Microsoft tweeted this link to tell
    ''WHY SKYDRIVE IS BETTER THAN GOOGLE DRIVE''
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    Today got a mail Quoting "you can start using Google drive",

But being a SkyDrive(Online) user, felt that Google drive is not even comparable with it in look and ease in using.
    It is my Opinion.... Don't know how it would be for portable devices like ipad....
  • Vivien.hugo
    Vivien.hugo
    Exciting news! Google is always my favorite tool for search and find what I need.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

last day we were doing our lab session in linear circuits lab. we got a question 2,3,4 on the file. but we cannot got any idea about the question and...
Suppose the cache and main memory access times are 100 ns and 1200 ns respectively. The cache is used for paging and the hit ratio of finding the page table...
hi CE, I'm a postgraduate software engineering student in anna university trichy.further i want to do pusue research(ph.d) in reputed institution like iit, nits.i will prepare a entrance eamination. so...
Mohan NaikCan i get IS:6248IS: 6248 (SPECIFICATION FOR METAL ROLLING SHUTTERS AND ROLLING GRILLS) is attached herewith.
CEans, I was going through the current status of the survey responses and was totally amazed to see the detailed feedback you've posted. Many of you have provided very valuable...