Google Dictionary launched!

I'm bit surprized it took them so long to launch it. But finally, Google dictionary is now available -

#-Link-Snipped-#

I like the interface.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Interesting - Definitions of Engineer by Google:

• An engineer is a person who uses scientific knowledge to design, construct, and maintain engines and machines or structures such as roads, railways, and bridges. N-COUNT
      • See also
        #-Link-Snipped-#; #-Link-Snipped-#; #-Link-Snipped-#; #-Link-Snipped-#
    • An engineer is a person who repairs mechanical or electrical devices. N-COUNT
      • They send a service engineer to fix the disk drive. job
    • An engineer is a person who is responsible for maintaining the engine of a ship while it is at sea. N-COUNT job
    • When a vehicle, bridge, or building is engineered, it is planned and constructed using scientific methods. VERB usu passive
      • Many of Kuwait's spacious freeways were engineered by W S Atkins. 'be' V-ed
      • ...the car's better designed and better engineered rivals. V-ed
    • If you engineer an event or situation, you arrange for it to happen, in a clever or indirect way. VERB
      • He could stand no more and engineered an escape. V n
      • Some people believe that his murder was engineered by Stalin. 'be' V-ed
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Its good !!

I use dictionary very often πŸ˜€

But it is not giving word suggestions I mean If I spell something incorrect it should give me atleast a near by valid word.

Hope they include this soon.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    good..! thanks for your information Biggie...!
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    For Crazy GOOGLE says:

If you describe someone or something as crazy, you think they are very foolish or strange. ADJ

Someone who is crazy is insane. ADJ

If you are crazy about something, you are very enthusiastic about it. If you are not crazy about something, you do not like it. ADJ

If you are crazy about someone, you are deeply in love with them. ADJ

If something or someone makes you crazy or drives you crazy, they make you extremely annoyed or upset. ADJ

You use like crazy to emphasize that something happens to a great degree. PHRASE

So what type of crazyengineer you are CEans?
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    English-Scared
    Its good !!

I use dictionary very often πŸ˜€

But it is not giving word suggestions I mean If I spell something incorrect it should give me atleast a near by valid word.

Hope they include this soon.
    They do give suggestions but only if you are very close to the right word
    and yes the suggestions are too limited

Hope they ramp it up soon as it is main drawback in this wonderful and simple online dictionary
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Some people believe that his murder was engineered by Stalin.
    Darn, now they associate engineering with murder? lol

Nice feature. No more typing out the "define:" tag anymore πŸ˜€
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    yeh ash Since engineering involves designing or constructing to attain a result

why not we can call murder to be engineered by someone

And we can very well have one more stream of engineering that is killer engineering

hahaha...πŸ˜€
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Good interface.,

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Success has been an issue broadly discussed and defined by different approaches. The Question is β€œwhat skills make success easier to achieve?” And How do you define success ?
USB Safely Remove Version: 4.2.5 Size: 3.6 MB OS: Win 2000\XP\2003\ Vista\Win7, 32\64 bit USB Safely Remove is a USB device manager. It saves time and extends user abilities on...
hi, i would like to update you about codex, which is an event at IIT Bombay's annual technology festival. This event is meant for college going students and has three...
Sometimes we are crossing a stretch of road where there is lot of dust and the automatic climate control suddenly opens the air intake vent, which should not happen.
SharePoint 2010 Virtual Conference & Expo Learn about the improvements Microsoft has made to the SharePoint platform and how the new features can be implemented to add value to your...