Google Chromecast now available in India with a price tag of Rs. 3099

Google Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player Launched - Is Apple TV Scared?, the HDMI streaming dongle from the online search giant is now available on Indian e-commerce stores with a price tag of Rs. 3099 (on Amazon) and Rs. 3998 (on Ebay India). The uninitiated may note that Chromecast is a little piece of hardware that attaches itself to the HDMI port of your HDTV. Once properly setup, it can play audio/video content streaming over the wi-fi. Users can stream content directly from their tablets, mobile phones, laptops or desktops to chromecast, through web and mobile apps. The device retails for $35 in the United States.

slide

While Google has not officially announced the device in India; the online retailers have made it available on their websites. But it's not the only device in the market that offers this kind of functionality. Apple's TV has been offering similar functionality for quite some time now; and Amazon has jumped into the arena with their 'Amazon Fire TV Price In India'. While the overall functionality of these devices is similar, Amazon's product seems to be a better choice over Chromecast. However if price matters; Chromecast has great value for money.

If you are looking to buy Chromecast, we'd recommend you to wait for a while until Amazon launches FireTV in Indian markets. However, if you are one of those early adopters and have already ordered it online, we look forward to your review of Chromecast.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I think that the Google Chromecast is not much useful in India. Only Youtube channel can be seen. Netflix and other programs are not available.

One can run selective AVI files through most of the applications available on Google Play Store. But we need to convert them into mp4 format - that is a lot of effort! Also among the cons is the fact that - there are no central playback controls.

The good points are that -
    It is not much costly.
    Works with supported apps.
    Automatically choses best resolution to play in youtube.
    It is easy to set up.
  • VVikash
    VVikash
    is this available in 720p or, 1080p ????
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I would rather boot my RPi with RaspBMC, connect it to HDTV, and stream youtube videos. If that's not enough then, I will use #-Link-Snipped-# to stream from magnet links. And hey, we also have #-Link-Snipped-# 😉
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    I would rather boot my RPi with RaspBMC, connect it to HDTV, and stream youtube videos. If that's not enough then, I will use #-Link-Snipped-# to stream from magnet links. And hey, we also have #-Link-Snipped-# 😉
    You know how to do that - why not showcase a project in our projects showcase?

VVikash
    is this available in 720p or, 1080p ????
    1080p is what's promised. I haven't bought the device yet, so can't comment. I'm eagerly waiting for Amazon to announce FireTV in India.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You know how to do that - why not showcase a project in our projects showcase?
    It's so simple that it doesn't even fit in 'Projects' section. Infact, it doesn't even deserve a thread.
    Still, If I waste my 20 minutes & write it in Projects section, What will I get ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    Still, If I waste my 20 minutes & write it in Projects section, What will I get ?
    Just the same thing you got by writing this post.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

NASA purposely ended the six month journey of its Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment Explorer (LADEE) by crashing it on the moon. It might seem a poetic way of biding...
Hi everyone, I have studing for my grad. project for a while. It is about 3 phase power calculation and simulating it on LabView software. This calculation will be applied...
Only 6 states in India have bicameral legislature. Many states have abolished Vidhan Parishad, while Andhra Pradesh had earlier abolish and re-established it. Why our states want to abolish it?
First read this: Tomorrow - a myth? Living in a city means even you are responsible for it. Right?
I heard about the white that it improves the concentration while studying in noisy area ..is it really work . Is it harmful to my ears ..i am using Nokia...