Google ChromeBook: What is so special about it? Will you buy it?

Chromebooks are in news all around.
You can check them out here: Google Chromebooks - Laptops, Detachables and Tablets

I didn't get the whole idea behind devising a Chromebook and Google Chrome OS. It's just a browser, isn't it?
Why will people buy it? ๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Chrome books are computers designed keeping in view the browsing needs of people. Google and Intel are partners in that.

People read the last paragraph. #-Link-Snipped-# ๐Ÿ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    "without all the headaches of ordinary computers "

what does that mean? NETBOOKs are already around to do the job of browser-book and we have our overprized IPAD (whose benefit i still did not understand) for same job?
    and chromebook looks massive - like a regular laptop. May be sone one needs to buy it and then decide if its really worth to have something exclusively for internet.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    So it's in news that Google ChromeBook is coming to India in 2012.

Prices range from $349 for an Acer AC700-1099 & $499.99 (Rs 25,350) for Samsung Series 5 3G 12.1-inch Chromebook.

Is it worth the money?

โ€‹

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Please share all the important Dates for GATE 2012. ๐Ÿ˜€ GATE 2012 application form or GATE 2012 Notification: Mid of September 2011 Last Date for submitting GATE 2012 Application Form:...
Following is the syllabus for GATE I.T. Students: Engineering Mathematics Mathematical Logic: Propositional Logic; First Order Logic. Probability: Conditional Probability; Mean, Median, Mode and Standard Deviation; Random Variables; Distributions; uniform,...
This video shows how to create a 2D schematic plumbing system. [video=youtube;5lpFNW1c1O8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lpFNW1c1O8[/video]
Found it on net. Nice thinking though...๐Ÿ˜›
Friends, I urgently require The steering mechanism dimensions for all parts of Mahindra GEO and Maruti 800. Please, can you give me those? You can paste a link directing me...