View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12915 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
zaveri
zaveri • May 15, 2013

Google Chrome Crashes Everytime I Open It.

I wonder if this happens only with me, or with everyone else here.

nowadays whenever i click on the google chrome icon, a dialog box appears saying "whoa ! google chrome has crashed. would you like to relaunch it now ?"

what does this mean, and has this happened with any of you ?
rahul69
rahul69 • May 15, 2013
zaveri

nowadays whenever i click on the google chrome icon, a dialog box appears saying "whoa ! google chrome has crashed. would you like to relaunch it now ?"

Never happened to me. Download and install the latest version and then check whether it happens again.
Abhijit Dey
Abhijit Dey • May 15, 2013
Google Chrome nowadays takes up a lot of memory. Try checking the processor activity when you start up Chrome with Task Manager. This could also result due to bad installation or installation of extensions. Uninstall Chrome and then Download and Install it again.
Whats In Name
Whats In Name • May 15, 2013
zaveri

It happened to me sometime ago,atleast you are getting a warning,mine use to crash suddenly.I reinstalled it and now it is running fine.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • May 15, 2013
I'd advise uninstalling any addons you may have. I run plain vanilla version of Google Chrome and it works fine.
Kaustubh Katdare
I'd advise uninstalling any addons you may have. I run plain vanilla version of Google Chrome and it works fine.
I second you.
the crash is because of Add-ons.

For checking this, just go to settings-> extensions and disable the add-ons; and re-launch the chrome.

If it works fine, uninstall / remove from chrome.

-CB
zaveri
zaveri • May 16, 2013
Thank you all.

Share this content on your social channels -