Google Chrome 8 Released. Secretly.

Google has released the next stable version of Chrome. They made no big announcements, just a simple post on Google Chrome Release blog.

The Chrome team is happy to announce our latest Stable release, 8.0.552.215. In addition to the over 800 bug fixes and stability improvements, Chrome 8 now contains a built in PDF viewer that is secured in Chrome’s sandbox. As always, it also contains our latest security fixes, listed below. This release will also be posted to the Beta Channel.
Now, as I'm writing this (from Firefox), Google Chrome is updating itself to the version 8. If you are a chrome user, check your browser version. Chances are that Chrome will begin updating itself without your permission. [​IMG]

The new version has several bug fixes and a full PDF reader inbuilt. Love it?

Replies

• swati kadam
    swati kadam
    Hey thats great to hear.I really like using Google chrome 😁and the current version is itself much satisfying ,than any other .It will be great using version 8 and ya i loved its added advantages. I think i should quickly get into it.😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google seems to be testing a cloud storage product and calling it 'Cloud Picker'. The tool is linked with Google accounts login. When few users tried to upload files to...
Something's cooking up in the building 2000 @ Google Campus (Called Googleplex). Sergey Bring (Google Co-Founder) and Vic Gundotra (VP) are involved in it. Is it a twitter killer or...
CEans, I see that we've 100% music freaks on CE. I need your help in selecting songs full of 'beats' I can listen during workouts in gym. 😛 I usually...
One young academically excellent person went to apply for a managerial position in a big company. He passed the first interview, the director did the last interview, made the last...
Hi, What will the charging current do after the laptop battery is 100% charged? I do understand that the battery will no longer be charged. Conservation of energy states that...