Google, Apple and IBM will not require degree for recruitments. What's your take?

Google, Apple and IBM have made a great change to their recruitment policy. Until now, like almost every other company, they're recruit candidates who had a formal degree. But no more.

Apparently, the companies have understood that the degree itself doesn't hold any value and what matters is the candidate's skills, knowledge and abilities.

What's your take on this move by these major companies? How will this affect the job markets, and more specifically the 'education' market which thrives on sale of engineering degrees? 

Replies

• saandeep sreerambatla
    saandeep sreerambatla

This is really a good move and all certifications which are mostly driven through dumps. What I mean by that you do SCJP for example and there is a dump available you study the dump and questions and you are passed. I think these certifications should also should not be given much of value.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I am a Mechanical Engineer with 15+ years in Design-EOT cranes, Material handling systems, Automation systems, Fabrication as well.Presently I am 39 years.After working for companies @16 years, I...
Hi everyone, I've just started working with a company and been tasked with solving our compressor issue.... 😏 We basically need 14 bars of pressure at each of our 21...
In a new video interview posted on YouTube late last week, Tesla, Inc. CEO Elon Musk says that a $25,000 electric car similar to the Model 3 is a distinct...
From Design News:The little robot on my desk knows my name and recognizes my face. He tells me when he needs maintenance. He has three cubes that he loves to...
Want to know in detail that which is good and how.