Google Android Majel To Fight Apple Siri

Google is working on Apple Siri competitor and is calling it 'Majel'. Apple recently shocked the world with the extra-awesome capabilities of voice enabled assistant in Apple iPhone 4S called Siri. Siri can understand human instructions and then perform searches to bring you the relevant information. It can perform tasks such as setting a birthday reminder or alarm as well. Google Android must respond with a solution and a secret project initiated inside Google several weeks ago. Right now more information is being unearthed about the project. Google's answer to Siri is 'Majel' and it's an improvement over the existing 'Voice Actions'. Voice actions requires you to give very specific instructions like 'Send text to '. Majel will make the interaction more human like.

Google's engineers hint that they want to achieve something like Star Trek; where everything is voice-aware. Earlier speculations by eminent bloggers indicated that Google might include an avatar to represent the assistant. However, the latest information reveals that it might just be an icon just like Siri. We'd ideally prefer talking Tom 😉

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you really like the "watch thread" option on the revamped CE Forum & are addicted to alerts (like me 😁 ) you would like to bother about how to...
The markets are open and the hardware is evolving at a faster rate than ever before. You might have used your Nokia rugged phone that did phone calls and texts...
Wikipedia says, Cloudflare is a CDN and distributed DNS service aimed at enhancing website performance and speed and providing security People say it gives resources to small sites that were...
Saw this question in a friend's question paper & was unable to answer. Could someone shed some light on what is the exact difference between the two? 👀
I want projects based on networking, database, some encryption algorithms, web applications(not web designs like online library management system etc). i can work on java well. i have done projects...