Google and BING similarity

I know that Google and Bing are in the same business (searching),

I was just wondering how much similar they are, BING is just similar to Google in the pattern (UI); however, they have added a few new feature still mainly UI is the same.

I even got shocked when I was trying automation of BING, Search text box (object name) for google is 'q' against my expectation it is the same for Bing as well i.e. ๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’'q'๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’

Have they used the same code base, oviously not, have they used same developers, hope so not.

Then what make BING developer to keep the object name as 'q'??

Any explanations??

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Wow!! good observation!!

I just checked same for the yahoo it is "p".

I too dont know the answer why??

oh! You are also into Automation cool.. Thats good to hear.

We have a thread for automation queries in Computer Science Section so if you can contribute something it would be great!!
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Nice observation indeed. May be BING has copied ๐Ÿ˜›
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    I tried and mingled it mates have a look here
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • safwan
    safwan
    @jhbalaji your link is cool is it safe website ?

@ both eng_scared and crazygirl nice observation.
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    @#-Link-Snipped-#: Mate i have only developed it with help of PHP and iframes mate so no problem in it...
  • callyD
    callyD
    Bingle... thats cool ๐Ÿ˜

If you really compare the first page of the results, Bing and Google and Yahoo aren't very different.
  • Munguti
    Munguti
    @jhbalaji very cool website, is that legal?
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Very good observation people!you people rock

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, Can anybody explain? What is decoupling capacitor and where is it to be used? What is bypass capacitor and where is it to be used? Please also refer any...
Hi I am trying to set up my computer as a server so that i can access it from my phone. The type of connection i want to use is...
hi, I want to read from and write in an EDID memory of a display monitor. In fact, the EDID is used to describe the sink capabilities (sink supported resolutions,...
I want to make a simulation game.Have a decent idea of graphics and programming.But dunno how to really go forward with this.
hey everyone!!! My group has selected 'NOISE REDUCTION IN IMAGES USING FUZZY LOGIC' as our BE project but we do not know much about it.It is based on some implementation...