Good Major Choice for Software Engineering?

Hello, if one is looking to go into software engineering, should he major in computer engineering, or computer science (assuming of course that the college they are looking at doesn't have a "software engineering" major.)

Any Info would be much appreciated.

Thank You.

Replies

• gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    If you want to enter the IT industry then there is no prerequisite for a computer engineering degree (in India).
    If you have the skills, you can go for it.
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav you are wrong little bit... skills+platform is what company looks in software engineer.. and btech in cs provides best platform
    The degree is like a proof, that you have the knowledge. But this is not always correct. There are people who have civil, mech, electrical engineering degree but are very successful in the IT industry.

The skills matter the most. And if you have the skills as well as a degree, then you are the best.
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    gaurav.bhorkar
    The degree is like a proof, that you have the knowledge. But this is not always correct. There are people who have civil, mech, electrical engineering degree but are very successful in the IT industry.

The skills matter the most. And if you have the skills as well as a degree, then you are the best.

i agree it is the skill that matters a lot..........if you have skill then you will be successful .........
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    gaurav.bhorkar

Absolutely πŸ˜€

But I saw for many companies like Google , Adobe etc they require Btech in CSE only πŸ˜€

I dont know any exceptions allowed , even if allowed those are exceptions πŸ˜‰

BTW : I am Electrical Engineer working in IT

So Btech is fine , and Btech CSE or IT is added advantage !!!
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    gaurav.bhorkar

yeah I completely agree.As i have not much knowledge of web designing..but i have little bit knowledge of html+jsp...but today i design a website for college...and it was appreciated.....so i agree skills are more important

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sir / madam, My question is Find the missing number 16 [210] 14, 14 [156] 12, 12 [ ? ] 10 a. 110 b. 100 c. 120 d. 90 Advance...
Quick Heal CEan of the month October 2009 is... 😁CEan - vik001ind😁 ​ CEan vik001ind joined CE in September 2009 and has been an exceptional contributor to CE. Although a...
Announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/29726-quick-heal-cean-month-october-2009-a.html
i have said before in my introduction post that i am fond of motorcycles. and i plan to engineer some. the idea was to build a genuine american motorcycle comany...
Hi Guys, I have read an article today πŸ˜€ It said yesterday is shahrukh khan's birthday thats not the news but I read something interesting πŸ˜€ A fan of him...