CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@dheerajkvs • 06 Jun, 2011
Hello..
I am a third year student in ECE ( Electronics and Communications). I am thinking of writing both GRE and GATE. I read that from 2011 third years are ineligible for writing GATE so i am thinking of writing GRE.
I wanna know which books are good to start with for GRE.
For GATE i am taking the correspondence from GATE Forum.
Pls help...
@Kaustubh Katdare • 06 Jun, 2011 GRE and GATE lead to two different courses of study. Why are you not focusing on just one which aligns more with your interests and passions?
@ISHAN TOPRE • 06 Jun, 2011 GATE: Study your course books for basics and solve online tests continuously. That is the preparation I am doing. I would advise the same for you. Also try to get some notes of Brilliant or Gate forum. That should do the trick. 😀

GRE: There is a standard book for it. (I cannot recall its name) I will tell that soon.
@maraitamilan • 06 Jun, 2011 I heard for verbal section in gre barrons gre is most valuable book have not used yet need of comments ............
@ISHAN TOPRE • 06 Jun, 2011 Yes very good Maraitamilan, that is what I was trying to recall "Barren". Very good suggestion by you, indeed. 👍
@maraitamilan • 06 Jun, 2011 ya tnx ishutopre 😀
@Kaustubh Katdare • 07 Jun, 2011
ishutopre
Yes very good Maraitamilan, that is what I was trying to recall "Barren". Very good suggestion by you, indeed. 👍
Barren isn't the right name. It's Barrons. Barren as in 'barren land' means Too poor to produce much or any vegetation.
@ISHAN TOPRE • 07 Jun, 2011 Yup Sorry Biggie, I have a bad habit of forgetting things. 😔. But goog joke the author will suffer a stroke after reading my reply. 😁 Barren!

Jokes apart, another one I have seen people referring is the "Kaplan GRE" . There are some online tests for GRE too. just wait a while till some one preparing for GRE guides you. 😀
@Ankita Katdare • 07 Jun, 2011 Barron's is used for reading the wordlist. It consists of the basic 3,500 words that you need to know to get a fair score in English section of GRE. Other than that it has an overview of the basic concepts of the Quantitative & Mathematics section.
You can refer to most of the material available online for GRE.

For GATE, you have to study all the subjects of your branch thoroughly.
@maraitamilan • 07 Jun, 2011 @abrakadabra nice info 😀
@dheerajkvs • 07 Jun, 2011 Thanks for the information friends.
I am right now trying to concentrate on GRE. I am gonna attempt it in my third year itself so i am concentrating on it. So i am gonna take that "Barrons" and also try the Kaplans series.
Would anybody tell me the proper name of this Barrons book???
It would make it easy for me to get it.
@Ankita Katdare • 07 Jun, 2011 @dheeraj: This should help: Barron's graduate record examination - Google Books
@dheerajkvs • 09 Jun, 2011 @AbraKaDabra.. Thank you very much..
@aizoo • 12 Jun, 2011 Barrons GRE and Kaplan GRE that s it? these two books would be enough?
@dheerajkvs • 14 Jun, 2011 @aizoo i bought a Barrons GRE and started reading and feel with a little bit of hardwork and that book we can get through GRE. I dont know abt Kaplan but Barrons is good as far as i have seen.
@PraveenKumar Purushothaman • 14 Jun, 2011 The GRE has only two parts, one is quants and other is aptitude... Just Barron's GRE is enough for both... The main reason for going to classes is, they will teach you how to work out soon... 😀
4.5k views

Related Posts

@sree_23 · Jan 28, 2013

similarly if a transformer is given DC what will happen?
10k views

@Ulkeora · Jul 14, 2013

Hey everyone, I am currently doing my BE in mechanical stream. As I will be entering core from this year, I would like to know what all subjects I will...
14.6k views

@six face · Jul 21, 2009

how to produce electrisity from railway track
6.9k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Nov 10, 2013

Following the leads by Airtel & Reliance Jio, Aircel could be the next mobile network operator in India to launch 4G services. The operator is currently testing the network in...
4.4k views

@Bright jyrwa · Aug 14, 2011

Hey dude out der ... i need some help from you...if u offer me some gud tips... m doing a project on video steganography... plzz... wil be a great thnkful...
4.5k views