Good Books For GRE & GATE Preparation

Hello..
I am a third year student in ECE ( Electronics and Communications). I am thinking of writing both GRE and GATE. I read that from 2011 third years are ineligible for writing GATE so i am thinking of writing GRE.
I wanna know which books are good to start with for GRE.
For GATE i am taking the correspondence from GATE Forum.
Pls help...

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    GRE and GATE lead to two different courses of study. Why are you not focusing on just one which aligns more with your interests and passions?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    GATE: Study your course books for basics and solve online tests continuously. That is the preparation I am doing. I would advise the same for you. Also try to get some notes of Brilliant or Gate forum. That should do the trick. ๐Ÿ˜€

GRE: There is a standard book for it. (I cannot recall its name) I will tell that soon.
  • maraitamilan
    maraitamilan
    I heard for verbal section in gre barrons gre is most valuable book have not used yet need of comments ............
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yes very good Maraitamilan, that is what I was trying to recall "Barren". Very good suggestion by you, indeed. ๐Ÿ‘
  • maraitamilan
    maraitamilan
    ya tnx ishutopre ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ishutopre
    Yes very good Maraitamilan, that is what I was trying to recall "Barren". Very good suggestion by you, indeed. ๐Ÿ‘
    Barren isn't the right name. It's Barrons. Barren as in 'barren land' means Too poor to produce much or any vegetation.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yup Sorry Biggie, I have a bad habit of forgetting things. ๐Ÿ˜”. But goog joke the author will suffer a stroke after reading my reply. ๐Ÿ˜ Barren!

Jokes apart, another one I have seen people referring is the "Kaplan GRE" . There are some online tests for GRE too. just wait a while till some one preparing for GRE guides you. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Barron's is used for reading the wordlist. It consists of the basic 3,500 words that you need to know to get a fair score in English section of GRE. Other than that it has an overview of the basic concepts of the Quantitative & Mathematics section.
    You can refer to most of the material available online for GRE.

For GATE, you have to study all the subjects of your branch thoroughly.
  • maraitamilan
    maraitamilan
    @abrakadabra nice info ๐Ÿ˜€
  • dheerajkvs
    dheerajkvs
    Thanks for the information friends.
    I am right now trying to concentrate on GRE. I am gonna attempt it in my third year itself so i am concentrating on it. So i am gonna take that "Barrons" and also try the Kaplans series.
    Would anybody tell me the proper name of this Barrons book???
    It would make it easy for me to get it.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @dheeraj: This should help: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • dheerajkvs
    dheerajkvs
    @AbraKaDabra.. Thank you very much..
  • aizoo
    aizoo
    Barrons GRE and Kaplan GRE that s it? these two books would be enough?
  • dheerajkvs
    dheerajkvs
    @aizoo i bought a Barrons GRE and started reading and feel with a little bit of hardwork and that book we can get through GRE. I dont know abt Kaplan but Barrons is good as far as i have seen.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The GRE has only two parts, one is quants and other is aptitude... Just Barron's GRE is enough for both... The main reason for going to classes is, they will teach you how to work out soon... ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just a minute before I read some good points quoted by CEan Duke007 and CEan Durga. What they said was really awesome. Touch screen is becoming a day to day...
hey if one wants is it possible to prepare for both GRE and GATE...or it will be too hectic and not worth it???
how much does 1st year syllabus has weightage in GATE exam...also see i study in an information technology institue so we dont have all the branches like civil and mechanical...however...
Hi this is Rohit Singh, I want to know the scope of embedded system in market. As i m going to take this course from oasis techologies, Pune.โ€‹
What do electrical engineers usually call this graph (I am pretty sure that this isn't just some circuit) and what should I do in order to comprehend it? Thanks in...