GoDaddy won't sell .cn domain names anymore!

Godaddy Inc., world's largest domain name registrar has said that they will stop selling the .CN domain names.

Reason:

“We were having to contact Chinese users to ask for their personal information and begrudgingly give it to Chinese authorities,” Jones told Congress. “We decided we didn’t want to become an agent of the Chinese government.”
Go Daddy has been selling .cn domain names since 2005, but in December, the Chinese authority that controls its country-code top-level domain announced it would begin requiring that new domain holders provide a photo, their Chinese business license number and Chinese ID numbers. That’s in addition to the usual name, address and phone number required by most top-level domain authorities.

Read More
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    biggie i have a question ,is the company buy spaces already to sell..and who is the main person, holds all spaces in internet?
  • gohm
    gohm
    Good for them! That makes up for all their cheesey advertising.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello can anyone explain for me the differences between : 1. IR transmitter and receiver. 2. RF transmitter and receiver. 3. AM transmitter and receiver. and I want the advantages...
😕 hi my ceian friends can anyone of u tell me the program in java which generates its own source code as its output????
hey can anyone please tell me how to pass values using anchor tag in jsp.i need to pass dynamic values using the anchor tag.
hi everyone, i am using a pump to transfer paint and my pump rating is found to be 0.165 gpm. but i am wondering if the diameter of the tubing...
Hello Every One...I am from California..