GMAT : Critical Reasoning

I believe it would be fun to solve such questions here -

In Los Angeles, a political candidate who buys saturation radio advertising will get maximum name recognition. The statement above logically conveys which of the following?
  1. Radio advertising is the most important factor in political campaigns in Los Angeles.
  2. Maximum name recognition in Los Angeles will help a candidate to win a higher percentage of votes cast in the city.
  3. Saturation radio advertising reaches every demographically distinct sector of the voting population of Los Angeles.
  4. For maximum name recognition a candidate need not spend on media channels other than radio advertising.
  5. A candidate's record of achievement in the Los Angeles area will do little to affect his or her name recognition there
[ Post your answers with detailed explanation ]

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    This one is easier -

The increase in the number of newspaper articles exposed as fabrications serves to bolster the contention that publishers are more interested in boosting circulation than in printing the truth. Even minor publications have staffs to check such obvious fraud. The argument above assumes that
    1. newspaper stories exposed as fabrications are a recent phenomenon.
    2. everything a newspaper prints must be factually verifiable.
    3. fact checking is more comprehensive for minor publications than for major ones.
    4. only recently have newspapers admitted to publishing intentionally fraudulent stories.
    5. the publishers of newspapers are the people who decide what to print in their newspapers.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here's another programming question I've asked in interviews to CS/IT Toppers in interviews when they tell me they are interested in Maths & Programming : Write a program to display...
I've heard that CAT (The common admission test) will be a CBT from 2009. Those who want to take CAT in 2009, how are you preparing?
I Need Help For Finding General Specification For The Galvanised Iron ( G. I. ) Pipes As Per I.s. Code 1239. Please Help Me................
hi everyone, New here and from Germany.. nice to mee you.
Some of you might already be aware of AMD's recent announcement of splitting into two different companies: one for R&D, and spinning off the manufacturing and fabrication division. I suppose...