Gmail warns for suspicious activity

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Now, if it looks like something unusual is going on with your account, we'll alert you by posting a warning message saying, "Warning: We believe your account was last accessed from…" along with the geographic region that we can best associate with the access.
To determine when to display this message, our automated system matches the relevant IP address, logged per the Gmail privacy policy, to a broad geographical location. While we don't have the capability to determine the specific location from which an account is accessed, a login appearing to come from one country and occurring a few hours after a login from another country may trigger an alert.
Great feature, Indeed! :-D

Replies

• MaRo
    MaRo
    "Warning: We believe your account was last accessed from [your country], Oh my! from your computer!....It's you!"
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    what if the attack is from with my area of residence? say someone hacks my wireless internet connection? and sniffed on the login details? then ?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    You can always track the IP addresses used to access your account (as well as know when the account is being accessed from two places at once), but in Durga's case, there won't be a warning.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Source: Video: F-35 Performs Its First Fully Vertical Landing | Popular Science After cost overruns, a series of delays, and almost a decade of hype, the F-35 Lighting finally performed...
GM's display system might point to upcoming road signs and help outline the road in dark or foggy driving conditions. General Motors [video=youtube;J0xn1BA4mQc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0xn1BA4mQc[/video]
Everybody knows that the Burj Khalifa won't be the tallest tower in future. The Millennium Challenge is all set to break the records and stand a full mile tall! 😒...
There are shoes made with velcro fasteners. However, I have never seen an adapter kit that would let one retrofit a pair of laced shoes to use a velcro fastener....
Hi.. Friends.. --Goto Run box --Type "cmd or command.com" --will show cmd interface... --type following information C:\>shutdown -s -m \\Network System name for example... C:\>shutdown -s -m \\deepasri-pc similarly, (-r...