Gmail For Android Updated To Include Smarter Search & Conversational View

If like us you too are dependent on Gmail for all your professional conversations, chances of you using Gmail on Android with multiple accounts synced in are pretty high. Everyone from school going kids to the elderly and even casual email users seem to have more than one email address for different purposes. Sometimes, switching between these email addresses from a mobile device like a smartphone or tablet is cumbersome. Here's where Gmail For Android app's latest update comes into picture. Yep. Google yesterday released an update to its Gmail app on Android platform. It has many improvements on the existing version, so let's take a look at them one by one.

First and foremost is the feature to tackle the problem we described above. The Gmail For Android app can now let you have the content from your multiple email addresses into one place. To make it easy for you to manage all your mail from all your accounts in one place, Gmail has received a new “All Inboxes” option. By enabling it, Gmail users can read messages from different email addresses without hopping onto various accounts. Coming to the next feature called the "Conversation View" that is a significant change in the layout of the Yahoo, Outlook or other IMAP/POP accounts on your Gmail android app. Bringing the interface of threaded conversations that make it easy to reply to long email threads by neatly stacking them as one conversation, Google believes a more uniform view for all your email addresses under Gmail is a great idea. Here's what conversation view looks like -

gmail-for-android-update-Conversations-view

Next on the new features list in the updated Gmail app is the 'Smarter Search' option. User's search queries will now get auto-completed as they type in so that searching inside the Android app becomes faster and more convenient. You can see what that looks like in the image below.

gmail-for-android-smart-search-with-new-keyboard

Folks behind the Gmail app want you the app to become as smooth as possible and therefore they are introducing responsive animations that will run or stop as you open and close a conversation while scrolling through the many emails. The layout will also bring larger attachment previews so that you can check what those files contain before downloading them to your machine. There's also an additional facility to save the attachments to Google Drive with a single tap.

Overall it seems like Gmail for Android is definitely becoming more user friendly and taking care of your productivity for you by letting you manage all email in one place. Google has shared that the update will be rolled out on Google Play gradually over the next few days. So, do look out for it. What are your thoughts about the new features? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• micheal john
    micheal john
    Bringing the interface of threaded conversations that make it easy to reply to long email threads by neatly stacking them as one conversation
    liked this feature

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi sir, I have been selected as tester in a MNC but the package they are offering is very less and its very far so I have to travel a...
Hello. I have passed out cs in 2000, worked as an computer programmer in a private firm located in small town. I have done coding for 7 years in foxPro...
So I was wondering if the voice calling facility being offered by WhatsApp is actually cheaper than the regular network calls. Of course it's bound to be cheaper when you...
American software giant Adobe recently unveiled its new product. Meet Comp CC, Adobe’s new app on iPad that lets designers create the content on the go. With Comp CC designers...
After basking in the glory of its remarkable success in just few years, the Chinese tech giant, Xiaomi will be celebrating its 5th birthday on 6th April, this year. The...