Gmail Accounts of High Profile Individuals hit by cyber attacks from China

Google on Wednesday disclosed that a cyber attack originating in China resulted in the breach of the Gmail accounts of hundreds of high-profile individuals in several nations.

In a blog post, Eric Grosse, engineering director of Google's security team, described a campaign to collect Gmail users' passwords that he says appears to have originated in Jinan, China. The hackers targeted the accounts of "senior U.S. government officials, Chinese political activists, officials in several Asian countries (predominantly South Korea), military personnel and journalists." 😕

Source: USA Today

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    On a latest news, China has rejected Google's accusations that it is behind a wave of high-level hacking attacks and said its critics had "ulterior motives" in trying to blame the government in Beijing.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Looks like a cold war has begun!
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I read this information on some blog:

If on entering the User name and password, you get an pop-up for wrong password, beleive me someone is try to hack your account.

As google gives red color error message on the same screen.

Also look out for all the links (links shown at the bottom when you hover your mouse on any link) - link shouldn't mention about EN_KR, if you happens to see that thats pointing that you ar on wrong page.

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm not sure whether this topic is India-specific or relevant to many nations. The biggest problem, I see, is that educated people do not get out of their homes at...
Any suggestions regarding the Final Year Project would be helpful. Innovative ideas would be preferred, may or may not be practical! Thank You!
A treat for all sky-gazers out there! Over the next month, the world will be experiencing three eclipses, two partial eclipses a month apart, and one total lunar eclipse in...
Hai...😀 i'm 3rd year be.,electronics and instrumentation engineer.... I need your help of giving me the idea and the materials required for a mini project which i've to submit in...
COMSOL Multiphysics Modeling Workshop ​ Date & Location City: Ahmedabad, Gujarat Date: June 24, 2011 Location: Parth Residency Hotel Opp. Fortune Landmark, Usmanpura Cross Roads, Usmanpura, Ahmedabad - 380 013....