Global Warming Creating Havoc!

The average temperature of the Earth has increased by 0.85 degrees Celsius since 1880. And if the greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions continues to rise in current rate, it is predicted that we could see the average temperature rise anywhere between 2 to 4 degrees Celsius. Global warming to that extent can wreak havoc across the world, floods, wildfires, extreme heat, limited water supply, and more. That’s why, the Paris Agreement-
"..Holding the increase in the global average temperature to well below 2 °C above pre-industrial levels.."
What's your say on this and how can we support our Earth!
Source:2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference

Replies

• Akhil C Joy
    Akhil C Joy
    Global warming is major impact of these green house gas. Rather to discuss this topic in the global outlook I want to share my views in according with nations point of view.

Specifically the recent climate changes which caused floods in Chennai, Smoke effects in the Delhi and other land slides in India. Major Reasons for Global Warming are the following
    • Massive Deforestation
    • High Carbon footprint from industries
    • Rapid Urbanization
    • Changes on cultivation of crops for cash benefits
    • E-waste which contain the harmful substances etc
    • Increase in Global population
    • Control the use of fossil fuels
    So I think we have to focus on the following.
    • Sustainable development
    • Rainwater harvesting
    • Planned afforestation
    • Renewable energy sources (Solar, wind, tidal, Bio gas etc)
    • Use of public transports
    • Control the population

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Rumours about the upcoming release of the Chinese company Xiaomi 's flagship phone Mi5 were doing rounds for quite some time, when suddenly a spoiler was released a few hours...
I want to get rid of ads that keep popping up if I try to open another page of same site or open a surf through google. Is this problem...
Renault India is all set to showcase two new variants of its popular hatchback Kwid at the forthcoming Auto Expo 2016 scheduled to happen during the first week of February...
The Microsoft Surface tablets series has been a runaway hit with customers and now, Microsoft may soon unveil the 'Surface Phone'. Chris Capossela, Chief Marketing Officer of Microsoft hinted about...
Hey all mech guys check this out. It's really cool how a workshop is treated in MIT. I remember my first year when I attended workshop classes in my college...