GlaxoSmithKline taken over HGS in $3.6 Billon

British drugmaker GlaxoSmithKline had taken over Rockville-based Human Genome Sciences. The deal was signed in $3.6 billion after a months-long buyout dispute.

This is one of the highest price paid for a local biotechnology acquisition in last few years.

-CB

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

NBC News has acquired msnbc.com and its digital network from Microsoft Corporation. With a shocking decision they had not taken any time and rebranded the site with immediate effect as...
Microsoft unveiled the new Microsoft Office aka The Microsoft Office 2013 few hours ago. Of all the features I'm most impressed by the 'comments' feature. I think this will go...
Tata Docomo has launched unlimited calling plan for Rs. 899 per month. This pre-paid plan is set to disrupt the Indian telecom markets yet again. Earlier the company had launched...
name- amit occupation- student i want to be- hydro engg hobbies- watching the mechanism of anything
hello, i am in d final year of IT and my definition of project is virtual fitting center.... i don't know where to start from ...plz help me... i need...