Getting Sonar sensor to work under water

el3ktr1k
@el3ktr1k-Tt5S33 โ€ข Oct 26, 2024

I wanted to be able to use a sonar sensor such as this: #-Link-Snipped-# but I'm not sure how I would get it to work underwater. I'm thinking any sort of water proof casing I would put it in to protect the chip, would block the actual sonar signal. Does anyone have any good ideas on how to either make this work or suggest a product that would work under water? Thanks for any help.

Replies

Welcome, guest

Join CrazyEngineers to reply, ask questions, and participate in conversations.

CrazyEngineers powered by Jatra Community Platform

  • shadeslayer

    @shadeslayer-lMXOJ2 • Oct 10, 2008

    as far as i think proper casing using plastic thin cover will not block sonar waves ,, give it a try.

  • el3ktr1k

    @el3ktr1k-Tt5S33 • Oct 11, 2008

    Ok thanks. I think I'll have the casing made as thin as possible and see if that works.

  • shadeslayer

    @shadeslayer-lMXOJ2 • Oct 11, 2008

    okie,,, looking forward to get the positive reply