Getting Jiggy with CEan Biggie- an interview

Hello guys,

Continuing the "Know your CEan" interview series, here is the KYC part 2. Here is a guy who needs no introduction. The man behind every thing that you see here, good or bad. The man behind CE, our very own The Big K. I have known Biggie for many years now. An electrical engineer by qualification and a passionate CEan by profession, it has always been a challenge for one too many to match his zeal and electrifying energy.

Here is a small tete-a-tete with our Good ol' administrator.

Mayur: You are the Founder and administrator of CE. Tell us more about your Job
The Big K: Ever since starting CE, I've been involved in everything that happens on CE. The job of an administrator is not easy. I'm responsible for maintaining the website, its security, introducing new features, keeping backups, moderating the forum, posting on forum, interviewing people from the industry… the list is endless.
Couple of months we formed an editorial team & I'm a part of it. The editorial team now works on lot of activities such as creating CE Bulletin, writing articles, advertising CE & handling queries put forth by CEans. It might look like 'lot of work', but I really enjoy what I do. Its lot of fun & I get to interact with crazy engineers from all over the world who are full of ideas & actions

Mayur: So what inspired you to start CE?
The Big K: I am fascinated by the engineers who built big ships, giant buildings, super fast cars, tiny watches. Just have a look around & you will see something that is a creation of an Engineer. I also enjoyed posting on newsgroups & forums. I remember the day when I searched on the internet for a community of engineers & surprisingly couldn't find any. So I decided to start one myself. CE was thus born on 26th of November 2005.

Mayur: And how far do you think you have come along in 1 and half years?
The Big K: We have survived. There is a long way to go. I'm happy that we didn't shut down our shop when times were bad. With 2500 members, I think our growth is good & we have a long way to go.

Mayur: Indeed. Passion and perseverance should drive any start ups. So where do you think CE is heading?
The Big K: Right now, the aim is to grow. CE can make a huge difference to people's lives. We, the engineers, have been turning the screws since ages and therefore it makes perfect sense to interact with each other. We have big plans for the future, but I'd not disclose them right now. Rather, we, the CEans, would love to present the world with surprises.

Mayur: We will wait for them. So what is your passion in life? (Apart from CE of course)
The Big K: I'm passionate about music & I'm a Guitarist. There are lots of thing I'd like to do. Be it playing TT or singing or travelling. I'm also passionate about reading & I'm fanatic about Super Bikes & Supercars. - All engineering marvels, you see.

Mayur: I have known you for long and have been a big fan of your guitar myself. You are an avid music lover and a no nonsense guy. How hard do you think is to make CE survive in the flood of online forums?
The Big K: First of all, something that should have been done, was not done. Although there are tons of online forums & social networking sites, CE is exclusively for Engineers. We will make our own path & we won't compete with anyone. CE will survive as long as the world keeps on producing Crazy Engineers like you & me.

Mayur: So you want to say that innovative thinking drives CE?
The Big K: CE is about "Engineering" - Who do you think is responsible for the buildings that we live in? The Cars we drive? the electric shavers we use? The electricity and what not. Innovation has driven the world and brought it to a place where it is today. We, the engineers, have played a major role in 'constructing' the world and that's why Engineers community is also driven by Innovation.

Mayur: Good to hear that. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. This will be indeed beneficial.
The Big K: Thanks for choosing me to be a part of your initiative. I'm sure we have lot to learn from our team mates on CE. I'll look forward to interviews of our own CEans. Cheers!

{P.S.: this interview has been taken online}

Replies

• Elisa
    Elisa
    Enjoyed big K's interview..
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Thank you elisa. I hope other CEans are also reading this. Guys we are here to talk to you, know more about you.

I'm already on a hunt for another CEan to be interviewed. C'mon make yourself visible.

Cheers!
  • rpkash
    rpkash
    Hi CEans,
    Well i was searching for the masterminds behind CA πŸ˜€. Till now, i have found Mayur and The Big K (I wonder what's his actual name is, hope he does'nt mind telling it ;-)).

Since the day i have joined CE, i have almost become a big fan of the Forum. It happened that i saw the movie DEJA VU, and started searching about time travelling, and guess what, i bumped into a POST on CE. The post fasinated me a lot. Then i read almost all the posts and they appealed to me amazing. They have a quintal of information here. Hence i decided to be a part of CE and joined the form.

I wish to know all those who are associated with this great forum.

Thanks and regards,
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    HI rpkash

Thanks for your nice words. We'll have it as a testimony for our good work. Great to have you on the forum! Enjoy posting on CE.
  • Elisa
    Elisa
    I admit that this forum is addictive. I was a long time lurker. Enjoyed reading the articles and discussions for a long time and then, decided to join. Special thanks to all who are associated with this forum for bringing all engineers together. I really like the name crazy engineers!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Man, it sure does take dedication to maintain a site like this. Well done guys!
  • moksh
    moksh
    Good patience and Determination, Admin πŸ˜‰
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Time to spam this thread! *evil laugh*

By the way, it seems Asin is a brand ambassador for a number of products. Do you want to support those products too? πŸ˜‰
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Tanishq, Mirinda to name a few. Heard Biggie has been buying jewelry from Tanishq store lately. I wonder why?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Time to spam this thread! *evil laugh*

By the way, it seems Asin is a brand ambassador for a number of products. Do you want to support those products too? πŸ˜‰
    Yes, I do.

raj87verma88
    Tanishq, Mirinda to name a few. Heard Biggie has been buying jewelry from Tanishq store lately. I wonder why?
    :sshhh: !
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    haha πŸ˜›

Have you written on her guestbook yet? If not, me and Patty can write some stuff on your behalf!

Maybe like..:
    Hey Asin πŸ˜‰ This is Kaustubh.. you can call me Biggie πŸ˜‰ Say, are you free this Friday for tea? I'll make you my world famous Masala Chai πŸ˜‰ Perhaps we are truly a match? What say? πŸ˜‰

lol!
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Or we can write big words about Biggie being the owner/head of CE. CE is the most rapidly growing engineering firm with many projects in line. Our partners include...(some names from the Small Talk).
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Man, that's the most boring pick up line! All girls (except female engineers) would run away.

πŸ˜›

Since Asin is in the entertainment business.. you gotta impress her likewise. Oh, how about those Youtube vids of biggie playing guitar?? That might work.. πŸ˜‰

And, maybe some bollywood dances as well. We can be his dancing gang.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Count me out here. I can't dance. But yeah I can give Biggie Body Building Tips and teach him some cool Muay Thai moves.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Anyway mentioning CE during chat would have been quite easy for Biggie as he practices it a lot. So I thought why not start him of with something he is comfortable in.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Is Asin the one who featuerd in Ghajini,is she also a big star dwon south,is she the one who has big teeths and does overacting....all in all she looks good,Orkut has a huge fan-club of her with over 5000 members!!!
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    sauravgoswami
    is she the one who has big teeths and does overacting....
    Err Biggie, Should I give Saurav a permanent Ban or issue a mild infraction with a warning for this time? πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Ohh is he a big fan of his,i really enjoy her acting in south indian movies,in ghajini she was bit laid-back and wasnt highlighted much.
    anyhow with time she will emerged more beautifull after visiting a dentist.
  • charumathi
    charumathi
    biggie i wish to know ur name first!!!
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    charumathi
    biggie i wish to know ur name first!!!
    His first name is 'The' 😁
  • charumathi
    charumathi
    sure you are a very brilliant guy...
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    sauravgoswami
    Ohh is he a big fan of his,i really enjoy her acting in south indian movies,in ghajini she was bit laid-back and wasnt highlighted much.
    anyhow with time she will emerged more beautifull after visiting a dentist.
    Oh well, everybody has a weakness, I guess πŸ˜‰
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    yeah definately,she is a true south indian beauty,but sridevi and rekha had set very high standards...
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    sauravgoswami
    yeah definately,she is a true south indian beauty,but sridevi and rekha had set very high standards...
    My god Saurav, do you have any idea that you are walking on the blade of a sword. Biggie will ban you before you can say Asin. When you talk about her, then there is no place for a 'but'. I won't be able to save you for much long if you continue this way.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well I am praising her too,but i would like to hear comments of biggie he is keeping quite,afterwards watever he says i will agree!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What do I say?
  • charumathi
    charumathi
    the truth biggie.....
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    yeah,is it true you are a big fan of her!!! and cant hear a single comment against her!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I mentioned about Asin in shoutbox and rest is all Ash's creation. She's pretty, I think. 😁
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    My creation? Come on.. *puts halo on head*
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    yeah Asin sure is a pretty actress and the good news is she is concentarting on hindi flim industry so we will see more of her,anyhow I should thank raj,he warned me about A-sin i was going to commit!!!
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    I know one person who will be visiting the movie theaters a lot. He may even stand in ticket counter 3 days before the movie's release date.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Dont say his name starts with 'K' these days ekta kapoor has ran out of luck...
  • g_rakesh2
    g_rakesh2
    funny discusion (^_^)
    [​IMG]oh Asin she is too cute I am also her great fan..
    she is also doing a film with Salman Khan named London Dreams.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    The discussion starts again.
    Did Biggie just gave a "Sigh" or was it my imagination?πŸ˜›
    Man we even have her pic on the forum now.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Oh boy! I'm speechless!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Nice interview ,But the questions are like cake walk very simple straight and to answer easily.
    You should have asked some tricky questions through which you can a bit trouble biggie πŸ˜‰
    i mean you should have asked more about Asin and his crushes.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hehe. This one is an old interview. Check the date of the first post in this thread.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    oh! is it . i just checked it and amazed and replied even before checking the date as the interview made me to reply and all the replies as well so i couldnt refrain myself from doing that .
    πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    The_Big_K
    Oh boy! I'm speechless!
    *Durga bans Asin pics πŸ˜€ in CE*

biggie activities are going speechless on CE!
  • charumathi
    charumathi
    biggie your image totally damaged..anyhow all the best...
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    @biggie:This interview is getting old now we should feature you with a fresh one πŸ˜€
  • Reya
    Reya
    Yeah πŸ˜€

@Biggie:I will feel happy if i get a chance to interview you!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    charumathi
    biggie your image totally damaged..anyhow all the best...
    My 'image' 'damaged' ? πŸ˜€

cooldudeiet
    @biggie:This interview is getting old now we should feature you with a fresh one πŸ˜€
    Good idea. But we've many talented CEans who deserve to be interviewed.

praveena211
    Yeah πŸ˜€

@Biggie:I will feel happy if i get a chance to interview you!
    My pleasure. Maybe in future πŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, This one is simple. But it requires mathematics & lateral thinking. Give me next two numbers in the sequence - 10,40,90,61,52, _, _ -The Big K-
Hello all CEans I'm eskay (S.K.Singh) a new . I am a mechanical maintenance engineer in an Integreated steel plant under SAIL, India.Have been associated with a number of projects...
hi :smile: all CEans...actually one question that always comes into my mind is that as we all know that much of electricity is wasted in line loss or sum other...
hi folks , i m working on a project in which i m taking input from a sensor to the uc 89c51 using external interupt ! on interput generation i...
CEans! Join me in welcoming a new feature on CE forums 😁! The Quick Reply! Its there at the bottom of page! Very easy to use! I hope you will...