Get Windows XP Service Pack 3 Now!

Its finally out! You can download it directly from #-Link-Snipped-#!

You can check some FAQ's regarding the third service pack here:
#-Link-Snipped-#

Been waiting for ages for this ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Oh I'm going to miss this.

I'm on Vista ๐Ÿ˜‰

But I thank you for posting this!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    According to this benchmark:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

SP3 just ousted Vista (32 bit) SP1 in hardware performance

*grin*
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    I installed on SP3 on an XP SP2 system, it ends with Windows broke down when the installation process restarted the system a blue screen appeared telling me that GDI32.dll is missing GDI stands for (Graphic Device Interface) which means that there's a conflict between my Graphics card & some files in SP3, I didn't search so much for the error, but anyway here is my Graphics card information if someone has the same one try to find some solution.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

OR may be it's a problem in SP3 not about my graphics card ๐Ÿ˜

May be I'll try it on another XP SP2 system & tell you.
  • suyash
    suyash
    Thanks a lot ASH !!

Windows XP truly rocks for me, since VISTA isnt quite yet ready to handle the challenges thrown at it on the gaming front !!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Maro, did you install the final version, or the RC/beta version? maybe this can help ๐Ÿ˜€
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • suyash
    suyash
    ash
    Maro, did you install the final version, or the RC/beta version? maybe this can help ๐Ÿ˜€
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Are there many differences between the RC/beta and final version??
    because I'm going to install the former one tomorrow... but you have me worried here.. !!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I'm not sure how much difference there is, probably little. However, to install the RC2 version, you'd have to use a registry tweak which is included. Plus, the download link to RC2 is taken off, since it is officially superseded by the final one. So instead of going through all that, just download the final version ๐Ÿ˜‰

Note, SP1 must be installed before installing this service pack. SP2 doesnt seem to be required, but it is HIGHLY recommended.

Have any of you had any trouble? Installation went smoothly, though I recommend you to close all programs first (disconnect from web, close firewall/antivirus/etc) and run a registry backup. However, I had this brief error message on two windows of command prompts when I restarted. Wonder why.

Installed it on my laptop as well without problems (no messages too). The laptop has a partition with a clean install of Windows XP SP2 with laptop drivers. Plan to do an image backup of it soon.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone... today was a great day in my life !! when the clock struck 12:30 PM (IST) on 1st may 2008, and the examiner snatched my answer sheet from...
Title : Design and Fabrication of Reactor for Production of Nano-powders by Combustion Synthesis Process Abstract The continuing evolution of the materials world and the associated materials technologies is accelerating...
Could you tell some components that can be used to switch the 3v bulbs, which are connected in 230V, 50Hz, AC supply, the logic output is coming from the ICs...
Wishing many happy returns of the day to NiLaY - the mighty creator of CE-Firefox seach plugin ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Rock on in Bangaluru and have a great time! ๐Ÿ˜
I'm using the PIC 16-series to program something. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can ignore a certain input... E.g. i want to turn off the 5th bit...