CrazyEngineers
  • Its finally out! You can download it directly from #-Link-Snipped-#!

You can check some FAQ's regarding the third service pack here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Been waiting for ages for this 😀
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorMay 1, 2008

Oh I'm going to miss this.

I'm on Vista 😉

But I thank you for posting this!
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberMay 1, 2008

According to this benchmark:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

SP3 just ousted Vista (32 bit) SP1 in hardware performance

*grin*
    Cancel
  • MaRo

MemberMay 1, 2008

I installed on SP3 on an XP SP2 system, it ends with Windows broke down when the installation process restarted the system a blue screen appeared telling me that GDI32.dll is missing GDI stands for (Graphic Device Interface) which means that there's a conflict between my Graphics card & some files in SP3, I didn't search so much for the error, but anyway here is my Graphics card information if someone has the same one try to find some solution.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

OR may be it's a problem in SP3 not about my graphics card 😁

May be I'll try it on another XP SP2 system & tell you.
    Cancel
  • suyash

MemberMay 1, 2008

Thanks a lot ASH !!

Windows XP truly rocks for me, since VISTA isnt quite yet ready to handle the challenges thrown at it on the gaming front !!
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberMay 1, 2008

Maro, did you install the final version, or the RC/beta version? maybe this can help 😀
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
  • suyash

MemberMay 1, 2008

ash
    Maro, did you install the final version, or the RC/beta version? maybe this can help 😀
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Are there many differences between the RC/beta and final version??
    because I'm going to install the former one tomorrow... but you have me worried here.. !!
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberMay 1, 2008

I'm not sure how much difference there is, probably little. However, to install the RC2 version, you'd have to use a registry tweak which is included. Plus, the download link to RC2 is taken off, since it is officially superseded by the final one. So instead of going through all that, just download the final version 😉

Note, SP1 must be installed before installing this service pack. SP2 doesnt seem to be required, but it is HIGHLY recommended.

Have any of you had any trouble? Installation went smoothly, though I recommend you to close all programs first (disconnect from web, close firewall/antivirus/etc) and run a registry backup. However, I had this brief error message on two windows of command prompts when I restarted. Wonder why.

Installed it on my laptop as well without problems (no messages too). The laptop has a partition with a clean install of Windows XP SP2 with laptop drivers. Plan to do an image backup of it soon.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register