get the data from GPS Receiver by the Microcontroller

I'm willing to do a project for vehicle tracking using GPS & GSM Modem via a Microcontroller.

I'm still gathering information about that and the problem is

On what basics can I choose the GSM Modem, GPS Receiver & Microcontroller types that are needed only for my requirements ?

All what I need to do is to get the data from GPS Receiver by the Microcontroller and send it to a Mobile phone using the GSM Modem.

Would u recommend certain models which meet my requirements?

Also, I need a guide to know how to start and proceed in the project

Do u recommend certain articles or so that I should read to start effectively

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Probably the main concern would be the interfaces. You can get UART based GPS modules that you can connect to the microcontroller, such as the common PIC based ones. Sparkfun.com has a couple of GPS modules that sells from $50 onwards.

Instead of a standalone GSM modem, you can try find a 2nd hand Nokia 3310. It has a serial connection you can use. Its a much cheaper alternative.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi All I'm increasingly finding use for a multimeter in my Electronic Engineering studies as well as my personal hobbies and even my work as a computer/network technician. I'm looking...
[FONT="]Hello mate, am planning to do oracle11i DBA ocp, being in chennai am looking for nice training centre in chennai itself. Please help me out with your suggestions’. I have...
i dont know wher to put it so i put it here. our final yr projects will be starting soon and i want u guys to advice me in which...
I believe the Bing folks at Microsoft are really working hard these days. Microsoft is now going to integrate real time twitter twits into their search engine! This is awesome!...
Microsoft's latest Operating System, Windows 7 is about to make a debut in next couple of hours. If you have more news/videos/photos - please share them in this thread! Keep...