Gescal: Watch, enjoy, take a ride of future

A mathematical editor, Gescal in action. Developed at Integrated Ideas, this prototype demonstrates that gestures are not mere toys. It could possibly pave way for the one of the most powerful next generation technologies to come.

I was lucky to be selected by Intel to be amongt the developers working on Perceptual computing. I believe the accuracy we have achieved with a Beta SDK is quite amazing. The interface and the algorithm, the design! There are certain moment of joy in creation that you just cant define and this certainly is one of that moment.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That indeed is very interesting. I see that it's tracking the palm with a pointer. Is that limited by the camera quality/precision? How long do you think the technology will take to recognise individual fingers?
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    The technology actually tracks four fingers ( other than thumb). But while experimenting, I found that using just a finger is tedious and leads to huge misdetection. So I opted for palm geometry rather than fingers.

Camera precision is available in 2m range. It is depth camera. Right now depth map separates the background in quite satisfactory fashion. But there are some improvement scope for hardware as well as the sdk.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hiiii..... i need to know the details of chemical engg mini projects details as i am going to apply for the summer fellowship programme in IITM,as u all know it...
HOW CAN I MAKE MA PROJECT ABOUT SIX SENSE BETTER
how i can get summer training in tata motors,india, when i do not have any jack in the leading company. please suggest something.
/* To calculate sum of five digits*/ int num,a,n; int sum=0; system("cls"); printf("Enter a five digit number\n"); scanf("%d",&num); a=num%10; n=num/10; sum=sum+a; a=n%10; n=n/10; sum=sum+a; a=n%10; n=n/10; sum=sum+a; a=n%10; n=n/10; sum=sum+a;...
I have been working in a small company as a manual tester. I want to be an automated engineer so want to learn automation testing. I don't know have much...