Genetic Algorithms

i want to do a project on genetic algorithms for economic dispatch and optimisation.if anybody knows clearly about this,please give me guidance.

Replies

• pradypop
    pradypop
    Genetic Algorithms are a set of algorithms which are frequently used in image processing. These are learning algorithms and are used to approximate a value whose absolute is not known and enough information is not avalilable to compute the absolutes. I worked a little bit on these algorithms when I tried a project on License plate recognition. Never went ahead eith the project which was prematurely dumped.

This over-view might help:
    Genetic algorithm - Wikipedia
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    pradypop
    I worked a little bit on these algorithms when I tried a project on License plate recognition.
    Prady, tell us more about this project. Looks like a good idea to me.

-The Big K-
  • Predictor
    Predictor
    pradypop
    Genetic Algorithms are a set of algorithms which are frequently used in image processing. These are learning algorithms and are used to approximate a value whose absolute is not known and enough information is not avalilable to compute the absolutes.
    Although genetic algorithms can be used in image processing, they are used for many other things as well. More importantly, genetic algorithms are not "learning algorithms". Genetic algorithms are, fundamentally, optimizers. While they can be used as part of a learning system, their ultimate function is to optimize some objective function. Their advantage over traditional optimization techniques is that they do not need to know the derivatives of the objective function- in fact, assuming that candidate solutions can be ranked, they do not even require the objective function to be on an absolute scale at all!

-Will Dwinnell
    Data Mining in MATLAB
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    rajesh
    i want to do a project on genetic algorithms for economic dispatch and optimisation.if anybody knows clearly about this,please give me guidance.
    Can you give detailed description of your project?
    See the Book Artificial Intelligence by Stuart Russell

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm not. .... ?
"The Google Story" - by David A. Vise ! The book tells us everything about Google. How Google founders met, how Google got started ...everything! A must read for the...
Its really hard to imagine words without vowels. However, I have collected a list of English words without vowels (a,e,i,o,u) *Vowels : a,e,i,o,u
What for << and >> operators are used in C?
Analogies are part of almost every placement paper and GRE tests. So, why not to crack them at CE. Here's first: DRIP:GUSH as A. cry:laugh B.curl:roll C.stream:tributary D.dent:destroy E.bend:angle