Generator Temperature Rise Test

[FONT="]Generator Temperature Rise Test[/FONT]

From a few days, we have made a test on the Generator’s windings (Stator and Rotor), this test accomplish the temperature rise of the windings at full load is within the Normal range.
First, we increased the load to full load (350 MW), then increased the reactive power and the terminal voltage at about (19.7 KV).

1) Procedure for stator winding.
-Apply the following formulae, after you collect the data every 30 minutes.

Ts = ( Tst – Ts1 ) * ( In / Ib )2 + Ts1

Tst = Actual stator winding temp. – Avg. cold gas temp
Ts1= Factory test value = 4.4
In = Factory test value = 13.37
Ib = Max. Current value

2) Procedure for rotor winding.
-Apply the following formulae, after you collect the data every 30 minutes.

Tf = Tft * ( Ifn / Ift )2

Tft = Actual rotor winding temp. – Avg. cold gas temp
Ifn = Factory test value = 2945
Ift = Actual Current value

Ts and Tf , should be at the normal levels , at full load

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sunswift is world's fastest far with Guinness record of 88kmph. The car broke the record set by GM's Sunraycer in 1988. Read our detailed post in VoiCE: - Sunswift: World’s...
What is a latchable fault feedback? Could someone please explain.
I am going to send my application for a university to study Technology,I chose Electrical and Electronics engineering but they asked me the reasons for me choosing that but i...
Einstein college of engineering is going to organize a National Conference on "CRYPT ANALYSIS TECHNIQUES IN COMPUTER HACKING" in Thirunelveli by department of computer science and engineering on 18th and...
EPIGNOSIZ ‘11 is an All India inter-college technical symposium organized by the department of Information Technology in park college of engineering and technology. Events: 1. Paper Presentation 2. Project Presentation...