Generator Stator Earth Fault Relay (64G) - 27TN.

Electricity , Power generation ,Thermal power plant , Solar Energy , Generators , Green Energy: Generator Stator Earth Fault Relay (64G) - 27TN.

#-Link-Snipped-#​

Generator Stator Earth Fault Relay (64G) - 27TN.

-For high impedance grounded generators, a voltage relay across the secondary winding of the generator neutral grounding transformer is used to detect the ground fault on the generator stator winding.

-The neutral over voltage function (59N) responds to the fundamental frequency voltage at the generator neutral that appears when a ground fault occurs.

-Normally, it will protect up to 90≈ 95 % of the stator windings.

-The neutral under voltage functions responds to 3rd harmonic voltage measured at the generator neutral. When used in conjunction with the neutral over voltage function, it provides 100% ground fault protection of the stator winding.

[FONT="]-In healthy state, the machine 3rd harmonic voltage is distributed over the windings such that the maximum occur at the star point neutral and at the line terminal. For a ground fault close to the neutral, all the 3rd harmonic voltage is transferred to the line terminals. Consequently, the relay function will see a 3rd harmonic under voltage at the neutral end and will operate the protection element.[/FONT]

#-Link-Snipped-#​

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    nice post buddy i think your more interested in security of system

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey guys aricent is hiring for 2009,10 ,11 so hurry 😀 Durgajobs.com (IT Jobs, Government Jobs, Bank Jobs)
Hi Guys this is manish here 😀 complted my MCA this year now working as a s/w devloper. I came to know by this site by my friend cooldudeiet. I...
Hi dear Engineers! I am currently looking for ideas for my Final Year Degree Project. I have ran out of ideas at the moment as most of my ideas are...
Hi, me i know the installation and schematic diagram of wye delta and forward revers connection.
Proceq extends services to Asian market. What I personally like about these next generation tools is that they combine both electronic display and advanced mechanics Check them out < link...