Generator Overvoltage Relay (59 G)

[FONT="]Generator Overvoltage Relay (59 G)[/FONT]

Overvoltage shouldn’t occur on a generator fitted with an automatic voltage regulator. Overvoltage may be caused by defective operation of the voltage regulator under isolated operation of the generator. The relay detects the over excitation of generators and transformers by measuring the over voltage.

#-Link-Snipped-#​

Data for setting calculation
Generator Voltage------------------------------------19000 V
VT turns ratio ----------------------------------------19000 / 100 V = 190
The max. permissible voltage for continuous load operation --- 105 %
The max. permissible voltage for no-load operation -------------- 110 %
The max. permissible transient overvoltage ------------------------ 120 %

Relay Setting

1- Setting Conditions
The trip pickup is intended for moderate overvoltage of long duration.
Pickup < The max. Permissible transient overvoltage .
= 19000 / 190 * 1.20
= 120 V

2- Settings

Channel
Pickup
Delay
Function
[FONT="]#1[/FONT]
[FONT="]106 %[/FONT]
[FONT="]2.5 Sec.[/FONT]
Alarm
[FONT="]#2[/FONT]
[FONT="]110 %[/FONT]
[FONT="]40 Sec.[/FONT]
Trip
[FONT="]#3[/FONT]
[FONT="]120 %[/FONT]
[FONT="]3 Sec.[/FONT]
Trip

#-Link-Snipped-#​

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Intel Brought all total 29 new CPUs in its 2nd generation of Core processors called Sandy Bridge. And the feature of which combine CPU and GPU in a single die...
i need to know what extacly are cookies? and in javascript file untill you dont delete cookies, you wont get any changes reflected on screen.why?
Hi, i'm new to Matlab. i have this code that extract image feature using gui. i have problem creating a code that can record data extracted into csv and txt...
This is the official promotion video of the new Toshiba Libretto W100 7-inch dual-screen netbook. [video=youtube;DycgQSISt_U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DycgQSISt_U[/video] Share your views and opinions about this.
Philips' Master LED bulbs i.e. the company's new bulbs, dubbed EnduraLED, are four times as bright. Due in the fourth quarter of the year, the 60W equivalent at left sucks...