CrazyEngineers
  • can you just say me whether the principles a re correct or not...
    GENERATOR:
    The generator principle is based on faradays laws of electromagnetic induction .when a current carrying conductor is placed in the magnetic field emf is induced in it .the direction of current can be determined by flemings righthand rule.
    MOTOR:
    it is also based on the faradays laws of electro magentic induction .when a current carrying conductor is placed on the megnetis field it experiences the force.and it can be determined by flemings left hand rule.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Jeffrey Arulraj

MemberNov 14, 2013

Sorry mate the generator rule is wrong

Motor's definition is correct But the name of the law is not electromagnetic induction.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • aarthivg

MemberNov 14, 2013

Generator
    Jeffrey Samuel
    Sorry mate the generator rule is wrong
    I think what @#-Link-Snipped-# pointed out is right.
    Take a closed coil and connect it to a galvanometer. Now take a bar magnet and keep them in front of the coil. When the coil move towards the magnet, the galvanometer deflects towards the right. the direction of current is given through flemming's right hand rule.

correct me, if I am wrong
    Cancel
  • lal

MemberNov 14, 2013

aarthivg
    Generator

I think what @#-Link-Snipped-# pointed out is right.
    Take a closed coil and connect it to a galvanometer. Now take a bar magnet and keep them in front of the coil. When the coil move towards the magnet, the galvanometer deflects towards the right. the direction of current is given through flemming's right hand rule.

correct me, if I am wrong
    This is the wrong part in generator's principle "when a current carrying conductor is placed in the magnetic field emf is induced in it."

It is actually, when a conductor is placed in a varying magnetic field, an emf is enduced across it. And this emf will cause a current to flow through the conductor. And this current is which causes a deflection in the galvanometer.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register