Generator & Motor Basics

can you just say me whether the principles a re correct or not...
GENERATOR:
The generator principle is based on faradays laws of electromagnetic induction .when a current carrying conductor is placed in the magnetic field emf is induced in it .the direction of current can be determined by flemings righthand rule.
MOTOR:
it is also based on the faradays laws of electro magentic induction .when a current carrying conductor is placed on the megnetis field it experiences the force.and it can be determined by flemings left hand rule.

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Sorry mate the generator rule is wrong

Motor's definition is correct But the name of the law is not electromagnetic induction.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Generator
    Jeffrey Samuel
    Sorry mate the generator rule is wrong
    I think what @#-Link-Snipped-# pointed out is right.
    Take a closed coil and connect it to a galvanometer. Now take a bar magnet and keep them in front of the coil. When the coil move towards the magnet, the galvanometer deflects towards the right. the direction of current is given through flemming's right hand rule.

correct me, if I am wrong
  • lal
    lal
    aarthivg
    Generator

I think what @#-Link-Snipped-# pointed out is right.
    Take a closed coil and connect it to a galvanometer. Now take a bar magnet and keep them in front of the coil. When the coil move towards the magnet, the galvanometer deflects towards the right. the direction of current is given through flemming's right hand rule.

correct me, if I am wrong
    This is the wrong part in generator's principle "when a current carrying conductor is placed in the magnetic field emf is induced in it."

It is actually, when a conductor is placed in a varying magnetic field, an emf is enduced across it. And this emf will cause a current to flow through the conductor. And this current is which causes a deflection in the galvanometer.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

So, now that we have a blog, it's really important to secure the admin access of our website. I have read some articles and the official WordPress site, for tips...
Most people like me rely on instant coffee for their daily dose of caffeine but connoisseurs like their cup of java made from freshly ground beans. Since trips to your...
It’s official. Motorola Mobility is coming back to India with its new Moto G smartphone in the year 2014. Motorola had shut down its official website for the country at...
As we know, opamp amplifies both ac & dc input signals. I would like to know what could be the resultant output if one terminal is given dc signal &...
Europe will now allow in-flight use of electronics throughout the flight - right from take off to landing. I'm curious to know what's changed with the flight electronics & communication...