Generation Of Power Through Footsteps: piezoelectric material

The application of our project is "Generation of power through footsteps". When we walk on the PVDF sheet the charges will be generated on the sides. By keeping two metals on the sides and charge induction, can we trap the charges generated and convert into voltage and store it in a battery.

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    That's a great idea.But I think the power generation will be unstable as number of people walking on that sheet will vary,won't it?
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    @ishu: no ishu i think it may be like using animals do you seen in any movies or any shows
    a rabbit is running on a rotating wheel and we generate electricity
    like wise here humans walk on sheet and some electricity can be generated there may be some problem as you ask but thats not a main problem here as we in this century

@vik: i think i never heard about that sheet if your sure i am with you to help in anyway
    try for it i am supporting you

as it is eco-friendly 👍
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    @NM:yeah I agree with you that it is ecofriendly but what we need is a reliable source of energy.For example there may be hours when nobody walks on that sheet so power cannot be generated ,can it be?
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    @ishu: you may be right so we install it in various places and takes energy
    the main role in electricity takes place is how we generated it and how much efficiently we use it
    so in my view we place it in heavy traffic places like where traffic is there at the mid night too
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Ok,Then let it not be a lone source of power.It can be supplemented by conventional sources.
    For example a signal can be run normally with electricity but can be supplemented for by this PVDF sheet.Something like a generator or invertor.😀
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    Sorry ishu i cant understand what your saying
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    You know mixed petrol? In it we mix ethanol+petrol,right?
    Similarly we can reduce load on conventional electricity by supplementing it with PVDF power.

one more suggestion:Constructing road of PVDF sheet may be little more costly why don't we just use this technology in speed breaker(Imagine an assembly with asomething like a spring below it which somehow generates powerif applied load)? Whenever a vehicle will pass over that speed breaker,It will compress the spring below it thus generating power.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    May be your right ishu but there is a problem if we keep it in below speed breaker all vehicles go slowly so,much electricity cant be generated then coming to cost i agree with you a bit costlier so why cant we make the sheet with less cost material
  • vikeshrajan
    vikeshrajan
    Hi frnds,We r replacing PVDF sheet by PZT,bcoz its cost is little bit low.
    It generate more power compared to PVDF
    😒
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    I remember seeing this in a documentary about new technology on Discovery. What they did was put piezoelectric material in the footpath. So when people walked, they produced some electricity. This was used to charge nearby batteries and run the street lights, traffic lights, parking meters etc. It was in a shopping complex. And it has been a while since this prokect was started and it is working fine.
    Will try and give you a link about it. Will have to search it first. And if I remember correctly, I think it was in Sweden.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    hey can i know the full form of PZT
  • vikeshrajan
    vikeshrajan
    @NM:full name is Lead Zirconium Titanite😁
  • vikeshrajan
    vikeshrajan
    @raj:I did the project in simulation..............After i finish my simulation, I will send u.........

Thanks
    Vikesh
  • vikeshrajan
    vikeshrajan
    @Raj:Give brief explain, whats in swedan???//////////
  • vikeshrajan
    vikeshrajan
    @ishu:Its a non conventional source of energy
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    @vikesh: thanks i too will think about it
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    That's great.Tell if your project is successful.Best wishes😀
  • vikeshrajan
    vikeshrajan
    😁Any one have an idea about Piezoelectric transformer
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    vikeshrajan
    @Raj:Give brief explain, whats in swedan???//////////
    As I said I am not sure whether it was Sweden but I know that it was a European country. They had used the same concept of using a piezoelectric material to generate electricity for use in a local plaza of some kind. The material was fitted in footpaths and as the people walked on it, the resulting stress produced electricity.
  • vikeshrajan
    vikeshrajan
    Hi frnds,
    I done my project 'Power generation through footsteps' on MATLAB package,there runtime is very slow almost 2hrs..So we r plan to do it in another package........help us....did any one know software package thoroughly means ,send hou to use..............😒
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    how about pspice
  • sandi
    sandi
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Not exactly powered by footsteps, but they claim 30kw/hr from normal vehicle traffic...not too shabby!
  • vikeshrajan
    vikeshrajan
    @narayana murthy:Ya ,I tried in Pspice but I did not get the result even for first stage..........I tried 2 times,I got a same error............The error faced r

1.less than 2 connections at node N00782
    2.Less than 2 connections at node N00814
    3.Node Noo782 is floating
    4.Node N00814 is floating

I will send my first stage ckt.....
  • vikeshrajan
    vikeshrajan
    @narayana murthy:I dont know how to copy the ckt diagram........

The capacitor is in series with voltage source and two reistors
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    @vikesh: i think it is better to write the program relavent to circuit diagram
  • vikeshrajan
    vikeshrajan
    @narayan:how?
  • vikeshrajan
    vikeshrajan
    Hi frnds,the output of Piezoelectric material is ac r dc..
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    program coding like did you seen any pspice books
    they gives codes for every sources like
    source node1 node2 value
    such a coding i dont know exactly how to say
    refer to books for additional data about coding
  • vikeshrajan
    vikeshrajan
    The output of piezocrysal is ac........positive going wave is due to compression and negative is due to tensile
  • vikeshrajan
    vikeshrajan
    can anybody tell how to boost up the power in a circuit(if the input is dc)............
  • Hari Prasath
    Hari Prasath
    i hav seen a article based on dis and also seeen dis in discovery channel buddy..
    if possi get more info frm d@..
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    i hav seen a article based on dis and also seeen dis in discovery channel buddy..
    if possi get more info frm d@..
    please don't use sms language buddy its illegal here
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    vikeshrajan
    can anybody tell how to boost up the power in a circuit(if the input is dc)............
    You can use repeaters to boost... 😀
  • magelec
    magelec
    hi ,
    what if we can use hydraulics under the speed breaker
    we install a simple system and use an under ground turbine
    it may be more reliable
    what is your opinion
  • magster
    magster
    maglec that is a good option but the point is where will you put the turbine and how?
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    magster
    maglec that is a good option but the point is where will you put the turbine and how?
    i think it can done by making a turbine underground we take a place and we keep a turbine at low level i think this is what he is saying

@maglac: it may be nice but i think its difficult and kinda costly
    But are you saying you can place a turbine under a speed breaker???
  • praba230890
    praba230890
    You can never have such a doubt.....as u know piezoelectric principle when a variable pressure is applied to a piezoelectric material it produces voltage which depends on the amount of pressure applied.The amt of pressure applied is variable as we know so for sure voltage developed is variable which is then A.C.
  • praba230890
    praba230890
    First of all guys be clear in this thing that we are going to fit the piezo resonator in footwear or in the road, then start design a system. If you want to charge up your mobile phone or any battery while you jogging or walkin i,e personal use you better fit it in footwear and while you want to get a huge power then surely roads.

Already most of the sensors in railway crossovers which indicate the train's arrival uses piezo resonators to obtain power. I've already done a project on this piezoelectric power generation and i did it for charging up industrial sensor's . If any one wants to over go through my project better ask me i'll send u my report.(Green it......)
    That's great... So, what have you decided till now... I mean, the plan?
  • magelec
    magelec
    narayana murthy
    it may be nice but i think its difficult and kinda costly
    what i am sayingis that when a car passes over the speed breaker
    ithe hydraulic piston wil put pressure on the liquid which can then be used to turn a turbine
    this wont cost much
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    magelec
    what i am sayingis that when a car passes over the speed breaker
    ithe hydraulic piston wil put pressure on the liquid which can then be used to turn a turbine
    this wont cost much
    hahaha nice joke is turbine is coming for you at the cost of free to place in underground
    its too difficult at initial and maintainance cost
  • magelec
    magelec
    what is funny in that
    it is a full proof system
    and also
    what are taxes for huh
  • magelec
    magelec
    please tell me how to start a new thread im new here
  • Ravi Theja
    Ravi Theja
    vikeshrajan
    Hi frnds,We r replacing PVDF sheet by PZT,bcoz its cost is little bit low.
    It generate more power compared to PVDF
    😒
    I found a paper which would optimize the energy generated.
    Please follow this link.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • praba230890
    praba230890
    you got to update yourself..... that is an old method.

Ravi Theja
    Please follow this link.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • praba230890
    praba230890
    Try this #-Link-Snipped-#. I remember reading this paper 4-5months back as a part of my project.

Ravi Theja
    Please follow this link.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    magelec
    what is funny in that
    it is a full proof system
    and also
    what are taxes for huh
    sorry for late reply i am saying about cost if it is not payable no one will encourage for it and think if any problem occour in turbine repair is too hard
  • vodin
    vodin
    So the voltage has to be regulated as it will be highly variable. What about the circuitry needed for that? and besides, if it is to be stored in batteries dc conversion is needed. How will the need for all this affect the overall efficiency? im talking about cost vs output.
    Guys, check this out: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • palamarri
    palamarri
    hey hiiii any one who did the electricity generation with foot steps i need the documentation,circuit diagram urgently....
  • yogesh royal
    yogesh royal
    heyy .. i'm on research on generation of power through foot steps ... is there anyone who can assist me ?????
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    yogesh royal
    heyy .. i'm on research on generation of power through foot steps ... is there anyone who can assist me ?????
    Sure. What help do you need?
  • yogesh royal
    yogesh royal
    yeah ... i just now about the principle only , so please tell me about working procedure briefly . As am a student , i would like to make a working model ... so , help me to make it ..
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    principle is simple piezo electric crystals are meterials which convert mechanical energy intlo electrical energy.
    That means how much stress you produce on them that much energy will be generated.
    And limits will be depended on crystal quality
  • yogesh royal
    yogesh royal
    narayana murthy
    principle is simple piezo electric crystals are meterials which convert mechanical energy intlo electrical energy.
    That means how much stress you produce on them that much energy will be generated.
    And limits will be depended on crystal quality
    okey .. Narayana murthy ,but , i wanna know about construction view .. cuz i wanna show in practically.. howi can i make a working model
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    Guys you have a great topic.but is efficiency is less but as the @#-Link-Snipped-# says if we can assemble more tricks then we may be able to run this idea.for eg. everybody knows about solar energy but it is not at night,you guys talks about pizoelectric transformer but it has less efficiency,we can use solar panels on walls which uses the bulb emitted light again etc.now the benifeats are i think a solar pannel has life about 8-10 years and we should paint walls approx. 2 times a year then the coast may be settled or not.the solar energy can't be at night but if we store it in dc form then can be used at night and the footprints energy also can be stored.so

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I need java source code for datamining CART and c4.5 algorithms with explanation.. Can anyone help me?.
Alright, this is super awesome observation made by Pluggd.in that RBI requires other websites to have a written permission to link to their website Here’s what RBI website mentions -...
Fed up of the the same old featured phones? Thinking of buying a new sporty phone? Here is your chance to fulfill your desire. Videocon launches the all new V6200*...
I am stuck on designing a power supply, my tutor wont help me because its part of my assignment and if he gives me guidance i will only achive a...
there is an inclined plane at 45 degree......... a ball falls from height h on the inclined plane at a distance x from ground......... question is, what should be the...