' generation of negative voltage using positive'

how the negative voltage is generated using positive for some application

Replies

• sanks85
    sanks85
    we can generate it by using the less positive voltage as negative wrt some reference...but i dont know if we use the positive voltage of same amplitude...if anybody have any idea than please give some hint...
  • imnitsy
    imnitsy
    sonujain
    how the negative voltage is generated using positive for some application
    This can be simply obtain by using an operational amplyfier in its INVERTING MODE of operation.
    you just have to feed the positive votlage to its input and the desired negative voltage will be produced on at its output.

correct me if i am wrong.
  • sonujain
    sonujain
    but nitsy we aslso need negative volage in operational amplifier to operate it this is not possible....
  • imnitsy
    imnitsy
    sonujain
    but nitsy we aslso need negative volage in operational amplifier to operate it this is not possible....
    I dont think we need such thing,
    may be i am not getting you properly,

but if we provide the positive voltage to the inverting terminal of the op-amp and keep the non inverting terminal at ground or some reference voltage, then the output for such configuration with op-amp will result in negative voltage.😒
  • piyushh
    piyushh
    hey i guess..if you simply shift the origin..by using the opamp ic...but sorry i dont remember exactly the name for that circuit ..but ya it uses opamp
  • imnitsy
    imnitsy
    piyushh
    hey i guess..if you simply shift the origin..by using the opamp ic...but sorry i dont remember exactly the name for that circuit ..but ya it uses opamp
    it is inverting mode of operation in op-amp,
    as i explained before.
  • piyushh
    piyushh
    ya yaa.i read that..but am not talkin about inverting mode
  • sonujain
    sonujain
    to operate opamp we need both negative and positive voltage here we have only positive
  • sonujain
    sonujain
    ok thnx i got
  • sonujain
    sonujain
    sorry i got iwa confused

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

explain me the difference between the comprator and opamp using follwing example: 1) if my v+ is 12v and my v- is 0v, input + is 3v and input- is...
plz somebody tell me i will tell the situation and then i will tell my question.... let us take you are playing an movie in ur windows or linux u...
Can someone acquaint me the scope of AVIONICS .I wish to do my MTECH in AVONICS.
can anyone help me for some new slogans related to mechanical engineering for my new college overcoat??please suggest me some.
I want to design a project that will read the kilowatts hour used. once the limit has been reached the circuit breaker should shedd the load. My problem is design...