generation of electricity using motion of vehicles...

😁hey guys we genereally ride bikes,scooters...drive cars etc... but anybody ever thought about producing electricity from the rotating wheels of cars or bikes during their motion😕...can we produce some kind of electricity by using some motor or rotator by attaching it to wheel of car or bike with all setup...can we store this electricity...and how much watts we can generate by using such type of concept...😁

Replies

well yes we can do that and not motor but the generator (mechanical to electrical energy)
  • abanjogeo
    abanjogeo
    goog idea dude..i think we have to deploy a fly wheel into the concept
  • sanks85
    sanks85
    yup i ws just checking out whether this concept is applicable or not.... by the way what is this fly wheel concept....??
  • gohm
    gohm
    You certainly can, however it is much more efficient and higher generation is possible using a pto. This is why most engines have an alternator. Electric vehicles use generation systems via braking.
  • sanks85
    sanks85
    what is this pto...???
  • sanks85
    sanks85
    and what is the concept behind generation of electricity by applying breaks...??
  • gohm
    gohm
    pto stands for power take off, any device that uses the engine to supply power to operate, usually by belts and pulleys. A car alternator, AC system, power steering pump are all examples of pto. In trucks it can supply the compressed air to operate the braking system, hydraulics to operate a lft gat or dump bed, etc.
    sanks85
    what is this pto...???
  • sanks85
    sanks85
    that means we have to provide a feedback system using PTO which can provide input to the system......??
  • Codex Guides
    Codex Guides
    Electric vehicles generate electricity when braking in order to maximize their battery life.

When braking, you're reducing the kinetic energy of the vehicle by converting it into something else. Regular brakes convert kinetic energy into heat. Regenerative brakes used on EVs convert some of it into electricity, which is then put back into the batteries. You are therefore getting some of the 'wasted' energy back, increasing your range.

EVs do this by (essentially) installing a motor/generator combination on each wheel, in addition to regular brakes. When you want to go, the winding changes electricity into motion; when you want to stop, the winding changes motion into electricity. It's a way of getting some 'free' energy - which is not free, because you generated it in the first place, but it would have otherwise been wasted.

EVs can do this because they have windings installed at each wheel anyway. Regular vehicles don't.

If you were to try something like this with a regular vehicle, you wouldn't get anything for free either. The gasoline motor converts gasoline into motion, which would then get changed to electricity at the wheel. Since the wheel speed is not constant, it would be difficult to generate electricity efficiently, not to mention the fact that you would get none when the vehicle is stopped. Using an alternator is a necessity, and since it's there anyway, there is no need to have complex generators installed on each axle.

- CG
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • hetal prajapati
    hetal prajapati
    According to me we alrady use it ,
    in motor bike or any vehical a bettery is provided which is chage by the mosion of our bike. so it is one type of energy generation from motion and saving in 12 volt bettery
  • Elite
    Elite
    Yes it ofcourse could be like dynamo used in bicycles. It can reduce the use of batteries to a very high extent in automobiles.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEans, An off-campus session has been planned to be carried out for the passed out engineering students. Venue : Kumaraguru College of Technology,Coimbatore. Date : 07th February,Sunday.
Can anyone suggest where I can find a freelance electronic engineer to layout a very simple PC/104 PCB? I've tried guru.com but there doesn't seem to be any electronic engineers...
we know that memory is the basic requirement for all the things....even a variable occupy a memory in a space...my question is we know that objects and methods are present...
uploading will affect the harddisk? plz someone tell me whether the uploading and downloading to and fro from the internet will affect the health of the harddisk....if it is then...
A simple improvement to wireless telephones would be to have a design that could be conveniently carried in one's pants pocket. In the USA, sets of wireless telephones are commonly...