Generation of electricity from shoes

Guys this is my final year project... I have Decided to use piezo to employ this...

I want to charge the mobile and other hand held devices from the electricity obtained from piezo in the shoes....

can anybody help me pls????

And i have the following doubts

does piezo has polarity?

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Sudharshan Sudha
    Guys this is my final year project... I have Decided to use piezo to employ this...

I want to charge the mobile and other hand held devices from the electricity obtained from piezo in the shoes....

can anybody help me pls????

And i have the following doubts

does piezo has polarity?
    Awesome idea, but not sure... What are you doing??? Tell us about yourself at CE - Introductions...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    praveenscience
    Awesome idea, but not sure... What are you doing??? Tell us about yourself at CE - Introductions...
    Not relevant in this thread.

Question being asked is -
    does piezo has polarity?
    The_Big_K
    Not relevant in this thread.

Question being asked is - does piezo has polarity?
    Piezo Electric Crystals are naturally dipole... So in the sense, they have polarity... But Sudharshan wants to generate polarity from the energy which is produced by them. Using the crystal glasses and placing the crystal inbetween them, the crystal gets excited. This way, the electricity is generated and it would be polar! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    Praveen is almost right piezo crystal has polarity
    i like to add one more point here
    piezo crystal generate electricity with pressure energy
    as we keep pressure on it electricity will be generated i think we have to use transuers here
    narayana murthy
    Praveen is almost right piezo crystal has polarity
    i like to add one more point here
    piezo crystal generate electricity with pressure energy
    as we keep pressure on it electricity will be generated i think we have to use transuers here
    You know something? I got this info from my studies in 12th... ๐Ÿ˜›
    By the way, there are mechanisms like forced pressure induction or something to generate power or electricity from PEC... I am not sure... NM, please correct me... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • vikeshrajan
    vikeshrajan
    The piezoelectric materials are not commercially available..............Any way this is a nice idea.....
    But conform thae availability of crystals...............
    My project is also similar to ur concept.................Any doubt ask me
  • vikeshrajan
    vikeshrajan
    The output of piezo is ac.................I did an experiment related 2 this........................
    vikeshrajan
    The output of piezo is ac.................I did an experiment related 2 this........................
    Yeah, its alternating current... So, if you use a LED, which is basically a diode, it blinks (in the negative cycle)...
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    praveenscience
    You know something? I got this info from my studies in 12th... ๐Ÿ˜›
    By the way, there are mechanisms like forced pressure induction or something to generate power or electricity from PEC... I am not sure... NM, please correct me... ๐Ÿ˜€
    yes praveen any energy can be converted to electrical energy by using some devices they are so called as electric transuers
    i am studying this in my instrumentation subject it is going in this sem
    if i get command on it i surely inform about transuers here
    if any well known CEan is here please post it here
    narayana murthy
    yes praveen any energy can be converted to electrical energy by using some devices they are so called as electric transuers
    i am studying this in my instrumentation subject it is going in this sem
    if i get command on it i surely inform about transuers here
    if any well known CEan is here please post it here
    Are transducers something which convert from one form to other? Did you mean that?
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    praveenscience
    Are transducers something which convert from one form to other? Did you mean that?
    ya it converts various forms to another forms and also used in measuring some instruments
    so i am learning them in instrumentation
  • vikeshrajan
    vikeshrajan
    transducer converts any other form of energy into electrical energy
  • Mohammad Ishaque
    Mohammad Ishaque
    my project is too similar////
    pzt's can be used widely.
    as its cheap and also generates electricity....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name: Rajesh R Engineering Trade: Civil Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE Occupation: Planning Engineer In designation (Jack of all trades) Work Experience: 4.5 years Hobbies & Interests: Travel, Riding bike, exploring...

Nit

I know that to get into the NITs your AIEEE rank must be really good. is it true that you can get into various NITs through your CET rank?? ive...
Heard of wind farms? Almost every one of us must have at least once seen the tall wind mills situated in wide open terrains or small hilltops in the suburbs....
As we all know non linear loads are the loads in which the current drawn by the gadget is is not similar to the voltage waveform. These distorted waveforms are...
Few enthusiasts have 'leaked' the following specs for soon to be launched Samsung Galaxy S2 - - Android OS 2.3 Gingerbread (upgrade 3.0 Honeycomb) - 3D Display (after upgrade to...