General knowledge questions

INDIAN POLITY SECTION

In this thread we will discuss the general studies questions asked in various UPSC exams and in many government organisations.

So lets start with POLITY section..

Here are the questions :-

1. Which portfolio was held by Dr. Rajendra Prasad in the Interim Government formed in the year 1946?

a. defence
b. external affairs and commonwealth relations
c. food and agriculture
d. none of these

2. Which one of the following statement is correct?

a. the constitution of india was elected by the Provisional Assemblies in the year 1946

b. Jawahar lal Nehru , MA Jinnah and Sardar Patel were members of the constituent Assembly of India

c. the first session of the constituent assembly was held in january 1947

d. the constitution of india was adopted on 26th january 1950

3. Which one of the following provisions was NOT made i n the Charter Act of 1833?

a. the trading activites of East india company were to be abolished.

b. the designation of the supreme authority was to be changed as the Governor-General of india in Council.

c. All law making powers to be conferred on Governor-general in council.

d. an indian was to be appointed as a law member in the Governor-general's council.

try to answer all the questions as there is no negative marking heee...:smile:😛

waiting for your replies......😁

Replies

• yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    hi... no one know the answers?

atleast try .you all are crazy engineers......

now common give replies....
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Answers are
    1:- c i.e food and agriculture
    2:-d i.e the constitution of india was adopted on 26th january 1950
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    goyal420
    Answers are
    1:- c i.e food and agriculture
    2:-d i.e the constitution of india was adopted on 26th january 1950

1 was correct . But 2 was wrong .on 26th jan 1950 constitution of India came into force.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    is the answer for the third one
    3.a. the trading activites of East india company were to be abolished.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello gud day to all i have completed diploma in electronic and communication engg passout 2005, i have 21/2 yr experience in bpo but am not interested now am seaching...
Identification of flow regimes in gas liquid two phase flow i want to do project on "identification of flow regimes in gas liquid two phase flow"..can you please suggest me...
Does anyone here know of any program that can be used to convert assembly code to c code OR can someone please let me know if they could help me...
Name: Lliño Del ROsario Engineering Trade: Computer Location: Philippines Occupation: Student Hobbies & Interests: As of Now, VB with MySQL Aim in life: To be MVP I joined CrazyEngineers because:...
QUESTION A Carnot Engine operating between 900 Fahrenheit and 90 Fahrenheit produces 40,000 ft-lb of work. Determine (a) the heat supplied, (b) the change in entropy during heat rejection and...