General Information About ISDN

ISDN (Integrated Services Digital Network) is a telephone network system that makes it possible to transmit, at high rates, more data and information than the traditional phone line. Whereas before phones could only send out voice, now it is possible to transmit out video, images, and other data types; being digital, the quality is superior to analog devices. Svtelindia ISDN NT-1 supplies 2-wire bi-directional transferring ability of 2B+D and provides high-quality Internet access, data transmission service and dials up to Internet via ISDN network with a high-speed data rate.

How ISDN Works

ISDN functions in different ways, but one of the most popular is through the bipolar eight zero substitution. Basically what it does is to have the data placed in the B channels exclusively, while the D channel is utilized to install and handle the streaming data. The more channels there are, the greater the number of possible data.

Benefits of ISDN

For the ordinary user, the advantages of an ISDN line is that it will provide for much faster Internet connections, allowing for quicker downloading of software, video and access to information. For the communications industry itself, ISDN presents a viable alternative, because it can relay messages at a more rapid pace. ISDN is also being utilized in some PSTN (public switched telephone network) systems, because it allows for the use of high quality digital services, and at the same time it can function as a backup device in case of circuit failure or it encounters an error.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am trying to find a term pape on PLC but i don't get a good topic on which i made any paper so if anyone have any idea then...
I am a second year Computer Science student. I wanna do a mini-project in Operating systems in C. I dont have any idea of what to do. Can you suggest...
Are the recent earthquakes in Haiti, Chile and Turkey a coincidence or a sign of increases seismic activity? Dr. Michael Blanpied, associate program coordinator for the USGS Earthquake Hazards Program,...
I am persuing B.tech in computer science feild,now i am going to be a 3rd yerar student after this summer holiday(june 10).I want to do a summer training in this...