GeekNight Pune - 'JRuby for the win' : 24 March, 2010

JRuby is an implementation of Ruby for the JVM. It gives you unprecedented integration with the Java ecosystem while still having access to great Ruby libraries such as Rails, RSpec and many more. The last year has seen amazing uptake, many new committers, thousands of bugs fixed and lots of new functionality. This talk will give a short introduction to JRuby, and then provide more information about where the project is now and where it is going. It will also introduce some of the fantastic new tools in the JRuby 1.5 release.

About The Speaker:
Ola Bini is a core JRuby developer and is the author of the book Practical JRuby on Rails. He works for ThoughtWorks in Chicago. His technical experience ranges from Java, Ruby and LISP to several open source projects. He likes implementing languages, writing regular expression engines, YAML parsers, blogging, and other similar things that exist at the border of computer science.

When
Wednesday, March 24

What Time
6:30 pm
Where
ThoughtWorks Technologies
Ground Floor, Tower C
Panchshil Tech Park, Yerwada
Pune - 411006
tel: +91 20 4002 7863
Who Should Attend
Geeks. Technologists. Ruby fans.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi, i wrote Gate this year and i'm currently waiting for my results.. though i'm not very sure of getting into IIT.. i would still like to know which of...
hi.. i wrote Gate this year and am currently waiting for my results.. i've not done my exam well 😔 and have started applying for jobs. I've always wanted to...
Hi Friends, Currently, I'm searching a good final year projects on telecommunication field..at the same time my lecturers demand us, the project should be related & useful to the industry...
Hello CEians... PROSCENIUM 2010.....the theatre of war is now open...get yourself registered..😁 IEEE-AIT official website AMBEDKAR INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY's (govt. of NCT Delhi) Technical extravaganza. Proscenium 2010 is the ultimate...
found this, and just thought I'd share... Highly heat-conductive carbon fiber on the way. - Free Online Library carbon fiber replacing copper and aluminium......how long till we build carbon fiber...