Gearbox without clutch

I do third year in Mechanical engg.I want the gearbox without clutch, otherthan oldmodel in two wheeler.Please any one help me.

Replies

• patel kartik
    patel kartik
    I do 4TH year in Mechanical engg.I want the gearbox without clutch, otherthan oldmodel in two wheeler.Please any one help me.
  • jignesah.j
    jignesah.j
    You will damage the gearbox if you don't do it right and since most motosists couldn't do it right, the clutch was invented to disconnect the engine from the gearbox while that action was taking place. Then you could select the next gear smoothly.

In fact, even with the clutch, there was another invention called the synchromesh which made shifting smoother. Before synchromesh was introduce, you had to do something called a 'double de-clutch' to get the gears synchronised so they could join each other properly. It was an 'art' and if you didn't do it well, your gearbox would make a lot of noise when changing gears.

I didn't have to double de-clutching because by the time I started driving, synchromesh was already standard. Today, you are lucky with things like tiptronic, no need a clutch pedal even!
  • skstheking
    skstheking
    Yup nice topic
    now i m search on this topic
    if i got some material then i post here
  • flash319
    flash319
    I think this will be vary hard to accomplish with mechanical gears. The best idea I have see is the BMW 6 speed that engages the next gear before it is needed then "clutches" the next gear in. This way it can shift very fast.
  • gohm
    gohm
    I agree with comments, currently clutchless shifting a manual transmission requires skill(done in racing) and still benefitial to clutch for 1st-neutral. If you really want a clutchless design for the masses in transport than go electric.
  • flash319
    flash319
    I race motocross bikes and most guys do not clutch shift and the engine is under load when shifting. Look into motorcycle transmissions. They do not use synchros and are full gear shifted instead of collars. Gear cut is critical.

Just twist the throttle and start hammering gears.........
  • jade68
    jade68
    without clutch it is possbl to change gears.., but probably we cannt disengage t power transmission
  • abdul patel
    abdul patel
    without clutch it is possbl to change gears.., but probably we cannt disengage t power transmission

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HELLO TO ALL CEANS hi guys i am giving a paper presentation on software engineering so guys can u help me out by passing some of the latest developments in...
Hello everyone, Short version: For my senior design project we need a microcontroller. I was told to look at the atmega## version from atmel but not know much about it,...
I'm looking for mini project topics in C++ for my engineering project. Our professor has asked us to find out topics in system programming and graphics. I'd appreciate your inputs.
Hello engineer people...i come in peace. i am an electrical and mechanical career consultant and recruiter. if i can be of any help to anyone as far as discussing the...
Any one plse send idea about the synchrinisation of two stroke for four wheeler..