Gear shifting and clutch movement in two wheelers using hands

๐Ÿ˜› Dear friends,
give me some idea about both gear shifting and clutch movement in two wheelers using hands ๐Ÿ˜•

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Vespa previously used a standard left-hand clutch with a twisting bar end for gear selection in scooters before they switchted to cvt. It generally for easier use and uniformity has been left foot controled for shifting(spreads the workload out amongst the controls). Jockey shifts can be installed however they are not as safe. With the manual having the transmission case attached to the engine below the rider it would require a much more complex linkage system to connect the transmission to the handlbar area. This of course excludes air shifters which are used in racing and elctroinc shifting which is really an automatic transmission. What are your reasons to develop a different layout?
    ponraj
    ๐Ÿ˜› Dear friends,
    give me some idea about both gear shifting and clutch movement in two wheelers using hands ๐Ÿ˜•
  • dhruvpandit
    dhruvpandit
    many has done it in bullets in some other way,
    they have extended d gear lever and pulled it up side (like some handicapped vehicles have kick in hand).
    it looks very attractive and different.
  • raut sandy
    raut sandy
    if we operate clutch by hand then wts automatic in it?only diff is that we shifts gear hands instead of paddle shifting

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, i am working on scheduling of threds...i am having a thread library different from pthreads. I wanted to switch b/w the threads. Its possible for me to switch, if...
CEans, Its official now. Wipro & MegaSoft are two more companies to be banned by World Bank along with Satyam. Both Wipro and MegaSoft are now not eligible to received...
Well,man requires air,water and food to live,i was wondering with global warming and other factor which one of our need can be eliminated or replaced completely,i think food can be...
hi guys,I am developin an instruments which accepts high voltage as its input,but when I am trying to reduce the voltage using a voltage divider with increse in voltage i...
Ash and I had the following conversation at the CE-Conference. The story is incomplete but has a great potential. So my fellow CEans treat this as a challenge and complete...