Gear design

Can anyone help me with the module of spur gear design. I know that module is basically distance between addendum and pitch circle for a 20 degree full depth involute spur gear. And it is also equal to reciprocal of diametrical pitch. What i actually want to know is about the tooth of the spur gear. If it has any relation with the module. That is if module is 3.5 and number of teeth is 18 so is there any distance or thickness of 3.5 (module) on the tooth???

Replies

• SAIYAM KUMAR
    SAIYAM KUMAR
    No sir. I have searched about it enough on internet. My confusion is does the module has any relation with the tooth thickness?? That is.. Is there any distance on the tooth thickness which shows the module??
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    What is this tooth thickness? Is this perpendicular to the profile of the tooth?
  • SAIYAM KUMAR
    SAIYAM KUMAR
    The profile decides the tooth thickness. Google some images.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Indian arm of the Japanese Kawasaki Motors has introduced the enthralling supersport motorcycle, The Ninja ZX-10RR in the country with a price tag of Rs 21.9 lacs (ex-showroom, New...
Android, the mobile operating system from Google which dominates the smartphone market with over 85% share is known for the seemingly endless possibilities when it comes to the customization of...
After getting a glimpse of the compact SUV 'Tata Nexon' at the 87th Geneva International Motor Show in Switzerland last week (which brought us Honda Civic Type R and Suzuki's...
Fastrack has launched 'Fastrack Reflex' - a new wearable health and activity tracker in the Indian markets with a price tag of Rs. 1995. Fastrack, the Titan owned brand, is...
While the Mi fans expected the big release of the flagship Xiaomi Mi 6 from the innovative Chinese company in the next month, a new leak out of China claims...