GATE Exam on 13th February 2011 Exam Takers: Share your experience

GATE Exam for M.Tech Aspirants is being conducted today all over India.
I am starting this thread for all those who have appeared for this today.
Discuss about your GATE Experience, the easy questions, the tough questions et al.

Your comment will be of help to others who wish to take it next time and for you to know how others did at the exam today. ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Hey AKD,
    I thought that it was more of an aptitude test.
    For example there was a question:
    If an unbiased coin is tossed for 5 times successively what is the probability of getting at least 1 HEAD?
    options were
    A)1/32 B)13/32 C)16/32 D)31/32

Frankly speaking I don't know how 32 comes in denominator.But it is a common sense that there will be only one chance that there will be no HEADs.
    So answer will be 31 i.e; 31/32.

I would like to ask one more thing,Can we post this Q paper on CE?
  • vishu17
    vishu17
    ishutopre
    Hey AKD,
    I thought that it was more of an aptitude test.
    For example there was a question:
    If an unbiased coin is tossed for 5 times successively what is the probability of getting at least 1 HEAD?
    options were
    A)1/32 B)13/32 C)16/32 D)31/32

Frankly speaking I don't know how 32 comes in denominator.But it is a common sense that there will be only one chance that there will be no HEADs.
    So answer will be 31 i.e; 31/32.

I would like to ask one more thing,Can we post this Q paper on CE?
    32 comes from the 5 trials --

the answer can be calculated like this => 1-(probability that we get no heads in any of the 5 trials)

= 1-(1/2)^5 = 1-1/32 = 31/32
  • nenuadwani
    nenuadwani
    the EC branch paper had quite an easy aptitude. and the questions included all basic concepts. this time even communication questions were not too hard.
  • hackerboy
    hackerboy
    I am currently in the 3rd year .....i appeared for CSE GATE 2011 without much preparations and still i could attempt 30 questions out of 65๐Ÿ˜Ž(Donno if they are right)..i actually enjoyed solving some ques especially from general aptitude section..i think those who set the paper for GATE were expecting a practical approach .....coz through some logical thinking one can attempt many ques if you know the basics of subjects in the GATE curriculum...... wishing good luck to everyone for GATE 2011 results....
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I gave the CS branch paper, it was quite simple. They didnt try to make it messy, question were based on simple concepts. Some question were too easy....but overall the level of question paper was good.
  • amk1612
    amk1612
    My paper was on CS in GATE.I felt that the paper was really easy.But the case was similar with last year i.e GATE 2010.So i dont see much of a change in the cut - off.Anyways it would be really helpful if people can verify their answers with the key and post their scores.That would help us in projecting the increase or decrease of cut - off for IITS. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    vishu17
    32 comes from the 5 trials --

the answer can be calculated like this => 1-(probability that we get no heads in any of the 5 trials)

= 1-(1/2)^5 = 1-1/32 = 31/32
    Yep go ahead. If you have scanned copy, send it to editor[@]crazyengineer[dot]com
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yeah biggie I will definitely send it.By the way answers are released for GATE exam.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • sivi
    sivi
    hey guys you all appeared 4 it and
    i am in 6th sem and planning to appear 4 it next year please suggest how to go for it................
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    i think the paper was simple and if i can calm myself for few for minutes then i can do better...i attempted 40 questions and by verifying answers i am expecting at least 45 marks.Now waiting for results.
  • Reya
    Reya
    GATE answers differ from each site it seems!

@Yadav:All the best!
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    good yadav ๐Ÿ˜€

@prave: yeah even my friends were saying the same. half of them were displaying the 2010 key as the 2011 hey.
  • sivi
    sivi
    ya thats true..........
  • bhargava.megha
    bhargava.megha
    any one post the exact link of gate 2011 answerkey for cs branch
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    bhargava.megha
    any one post the exact link of gate 2011 answerkey for cs branch
    check this link
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    they have given the right answers..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Words from Facebook People: The people working at Facebook are constantly asked to tackle complicated problems on a large scale. Our approach to translating the site is just one example...
Engadget folks got following first photos of the Nokia phones that will be powered by Windows Mobile operating system -
Moving fast is one of our core values: Its how we constantly launch and improve our products. On the two-year anniversary of Facebook Platform, watch how the team behind it...
Hello everyone! I am a newbie, doing a mobile application project in java. I need to write a j2se server(pc) side code for bluetooth sonnectivity that implements obex protocol. I...
Awesome mechanical engineering design in furniture. I love the concepts these guys have worked on. If you've not seen the video yet, go through it - [video=youtube;3DfCc3awrf4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DfCc3awrf4[/video]