CrazyEngineers
  • ISHAN
    ISHAN

MemberJul 6, 2011

GATE English VOCAB Material

Friends,
    Can anyone suggest me some good material for preparing English for GATE? There are few questions, these days based on paragraphs and English Vocabulary.

I know Barrons is for GRE but I am not sure if it can be used for GATE.

please help me.

P.S: I am a mechanical student.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Ankita Katdare

AdministratorJul 6, 2011

You may use a book called 'Word Power Made Easy' to increase your vocabulary overall.
    Vocabulary lists such as the one is barron's are available everywhere across the net. [even on CE]

Does GATE have questions related to Reading Comprehension (RC)? If yes, there are lot of books by Kaplan and Princeton about it.
    A rich vocabulary helps in solving the RC questions quickly. It does not need separate practice as such.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • cooltwins

MemberJul 6, 2011

i recommend "Word Power Made Easy" too... it is an awesome tool to improve your vocabulary... do give it a try...
    Cancel
  • ISHAN TOPRE

MemberJul 6, 2011

The course of English for GATE is not very big as such, it is definitely very less than GRE. However those marks are easy and I want to encash on them unlike University.

yes, GATE does have RC. However they are typically small paragraphs, however if we read them then the option for them look similar. I only want some practice material for it. Thanks for your help.
    Cancel
  • markkhan

MemberJul 9, 2011

I use it my self this is best English word list to enhance vocabulary with all meaning and definition.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
  • nitesk

MemberOct 21, 2011

Which book you all are talking about...

#-Link-Snipped-#
    by Norman Lewis

??? is that correct....
    Cancel
  • Pensu

MemberOct 21, 2011

Yes, @nitesk, this is the same book and its really great for vocabulary.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register