GATE English VOCAB Material

Friends,
Can anyone suggest me some good material for preparing English for GATE? There are few questions, these days based on paragraphs and English Vocabulary.

I know Barrons is for GRE but I am not sure if it can be used for GATE.

please help me.

P.S: I am a mechanical student.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    You may use a book called 'Word Power Made Easy' to increase your vocabulary overall.
    Vocabulary lists such as the one is barron's are available everywhere across the net. [even on CE]

Does GATE have questions related to Reading Comprehension (RC)? If yes, there are lot of books by Kaplan and Princeton about it.
    A rich vocabulary helps in solving the RC questions quickly. It does not need separate practice as such.
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    i recommend "Word Power Made Easy" too... it is an awesome tool to improve your vocabulary... do give it a try...
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The course of English for GATE is not very big as such, it is definitely very less than GRE. However those marks are easy and I want to encash on them unlike University.

yes, GATE does have RC. However they are typically small paragraphs, however if we read them then the option for them look similar. I only want some practice material for it. Thanks for your help.
  • markkhan
    markkhan
    I use it my self this is best English word list to enhance vocabulary with all meaning and definition.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • nitesk
    nitesk
    Which book you all are talking about...

#-Link-Snipped-#
    by Norman Lewis

??? is that correct....
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Yes, @nitesk, this is the same book and its really great for vocabulary.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Revised GRE or the new GRE is a bit difficult than the current one because: 1. The major part of Revised GRE has Reading Comprehension (RC), which has been...
Lecture by Prof. Asok Kumar Mallik Department of Mechanical Engineering IIT Kanpur . Feel free to ask questions and discuss this topic.
Lecture by Prof. Asok Kumar Mallik Department of Mechanical Engineering IIT Kanpur . Feel free to ask questions and discuss this topic.
Consider a vehicle engine, how does the fuel consumption differ when it is run in(by) different gears. Also, how does fuel consumption differ when vehicles head light is on(because engine...