GATE 2013 Preparation Tips & Strategy

i am preparing for 2013 gate suggest me some tips and how to start my preparation

Replies

• birundha
    birundha
    me too...๐Ÿ˜€ help us seniors..
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# & #-Link-Snipped-# Have you guys started with GATE preparation? What are the difficulties you are facing? I think we can help accordingly.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    GATE is a simple examination to crack. At least this is what professors are telling here. All you need is to read your reference books thoroughly and solve lots of question papers and answers.
  • pavani abburi
    pavani abburi
    please give information regarding some reference books
  • m.vivekanandan
    m.vivekanandan
    #-Link-Snipped-# check this website for std books and more information about GATE #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    The basic idea behind GATE is to check your graduation level knowledge. If you need books, refer standard books you have already studied as part of your curriculum. Its not a tough exam to crack, you just need to be confident in whatever you have studied in 4 years. If you want to test your knowledge, there are lot of coaching institutes who provide test series and study materials like ACE academy, made easy, gate froum, brilliant tutorials etc.
  • pavani abburi
    pavani abburi
    thanks all for information
  • arjun717
    arjun717
    firstly, get your basics cleared this can help you in all examinations, since everything revolves around that and if u concreted your basics then your half of the work is complete.
    secondly, solve the questions as many as you can.
    get to know about your strong and weak points, this can help you during your pre-exam days and on the day of the exam.
    A proper guidance of a senior of the professor will make it more easy for you to crack the exam.

good luck!!!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Reference books are those which our professors recommend us in our graduation and we very casually neglect them. I can tell you only books of Mechanical engineering as of now. I have posted them in Mechanical resources and materials now. Now a days, I am solving "Strength of materials" by Prof. Ramamruthan.
  • susannah
    susannah
    hai, i'm preparin for gate-2013(cs)..is gate forum distance learning program any good? Or shud i go for their coachin classes(their coachin centre is 2hrs away and i wont be able to attend all the classes bcoz i'm in final year and hav project works to do).i hav a gk publications with me but their some solutions are confusin me.. i need a book with many problems with detailed solutions for it!! plus vot wud i do if i hav many doubts??? cant ask my teachers ,dey wont help!!!

plz plz help!! thank you.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    susannah
    hai, i'm preparin for gate-2013(cs)..is gate forum distance learning program any good? Or shud i go for their coachin classes(their coachin centre is 2hrs away and i wont be able to attend all the classes bcoz i'm in final year and hav project works to do).i hav a gk publications with me but their some solutions are confusin me.. i need a book with many problems with detailed solutions for it!! plus vot wud i do if i hav many doubts??? cant ask my teachers ,dey wont help!!!

plz plz help!! thank you.
    If you go for the distance learning program, I suggest you go for the synchronous type of distance education. Read here about Distance Education Technologies Used In Delivery.
    Are there no coaching classes close to where you live? Are the coaching classes held only weekends / only weekdays / both? If there are on weekdays, then travelling 4 hours will be energy draining with college and project work. You could attend the weekend coaching classes.
  • Shahid Fazal
    Shahid Fazal
    Hi friends,I needed some advice on Gate Prep. I passed out in 2011(CSE) . I got placement in good s/w companies,but i don't know what happened to me.....i joined a public sector bank as an IT officer instead,I left 2 good jobs for this govt. job. Seeing the kind of work here ,i think this job is not for me. There is no technical work here at all. Its been just 3.5 months since i joined here,but i think my heart & mind is tilted towards technical field only....... so I want to do MTech. I want to ask from experienced people here that should i leave this job and do full fledged GATE prep for 2013? This job is from 9 to 6 and leaves me very exhausted when i return home.( before coming here i thought that being a Govt. job ,it will be a 10-5 job.....but reality wast just different.....I found that its a 6 day week job.On the top of that ,even though my post is IT officer, I am getting to do nothing IT related. I am completely frustrated. Furthermore there is also a bond of 1 lac. And only 6 months are left from now for GATE 2013.
    I know that being in this job ,i won't be able to prepare fully for GATe and and my another yaer will be wasted.
    What do you suggest friends? Should i leave this dead End job? No skill/value addition here.
  • rajvir123
    rajvir123
    hi sir/madam i am a passout in electrical engineering and want to crack gate but can not join any coaching institute for it can you plz suggest good books(chapter wise) or self study material for it....Thanks
  • ajayrakion
    ajayrakion
    hey m also want suggetions...m doing M.E now so can i do part time for GATE...???
  • jAaNoo
    jAaNoo
    #-Link-Snipped-# mech ref books pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase ๐Ÿ˜’ ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Just study the books you have and solve numerous questions. For names of reference books search the CE website mechanical section.
  • birundha
    birundha
    I have practised very little for gate 2013 through this year. so i dont want to waste this 40 days. pls guide me to prepare for the exam and get through it, like a crash course. which subject should i start first. can u provide me with weightage for each subjects or how to revise each subjects? I'm really nervous as the date gets nearer.
  • Chinu1
    Chinu1
    Gate 2013... all the best for all of you...๐ŸŽ‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - One More Wiziq ad and we'll say goodbye to you.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi๐Ÿ˜€ can any one give me an idea about how to give an audio command to any electronic gadget.... pls let me know ,. iam waiting eagerly..
Now Airtel also join the Reliance, and blocked many sites (peer sharing, torrent, etc). Is this all is right? Is government not trying to censorship Internet in India? I also...
Facebook's famous $16 billion IPO's live and the company's estimated worth is $104 billion. Analysts have been saying that the social networking giant has been 'overvalued' and the share prices...
Can anybody suggest me methods to increase Torque and Power for Tata Nano. All that I am looking at is 63Nm of Torque and 40-50 ps power. Can Superchargers or...
Well, I had my Casio 115fx die on me DURING an exam, and I was p*ssed off, needless to say. I've used Orpat, but the one I have can't handle...