GATE 2013 PREPARATION HELP NEEDED

hi guys

i am new to this CE .
i have applied for gate 2013 mech stream and got confused wen i saw the syllabus.
please somebody tel me the important aspects and also is it enough to study just the previous papers of gate.
As i am working have very less time fr left to study...

Replies

• darkwarrior111
    darkwarrior111
    nageshanirudh
    hi guys

i am new to this CE .
    i have applied for gate 2013 mech stream and got confused wen i saw the syllabus.
    please somebody tel me the important aspects and also is it enough to study just the previous papers of gate.
    As i am working have very less time fr left to study...
    FOLLOW THIS-gate exam is of 100 marks and for a bright and good future with gate you should atleast score 55 or above,which is just more than 50%.

this shows that if you leave some topics than also you can do well but the point is what topics.i will list some topics which you MUST study-
    1. thermal engineering (including thermodynamics,ic engine,refrigeration and air cooling,heat transfer)
    its weightage will always be around 15 marks
    2. manufacturing engineering which will come between 15-20 marks.
    3.strength of materials comes around 10 marks.
    4. maths+aptitude will always come around 30 marks
    your 70 marks syllabus is covered and for the rest 30 marks you can choose some topics as per your comfort.
    REMEMBER-this are the pridictions from previous years gate paper and can vary.
    always prepare above your target than only you will acheive your target.if you want 55 marks than prepare for 70+ marks.
    BEST OF LUCK
  • darkwarrior111
    darkwarrior111
    just dont get nervous only focus on concept of each topics,normally the questions asked in gate are conceptual which are just 2-5 lines solution and becomes very easy to answer if you know the concept.it is true that you have less time left but if you utilize this time with full force than you have sufficient time.JUST STUDY WITHOUT DISTRACTIONS
    BEST OF LUCK

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Guys i am frustrated by finishing this course, i did not get employed any where, since i am lagging in programming skill. . Finally i have decided to execute my...
Hi everyone, I have completed my B.E in Computer science and fascinated about operating system development, Compiler deveopment, but i want the required training. I have heard about the Cdac...
Iam willing to learn labview and even extend it for a CLAD(certified labview associate developer ) certification. can you guys provide some guidance.....
hi ,...im poorni doing my 1st EEE......I need to make a basic mini project related to electrical n electronics give some IDEA.... PLS😀
Last night I checked a new member registering with his mobile no as an Id Why not this new feature be implemented Where we can report possible threats to the...