Gap before higher studies

Hi all ,

I am currently working and I want to do my higher studies next year in France. The course would ideally start in September 2012. Meanwhile I am planning to resign and learn some french and also start applying for various colleges and give examinations. I am scared that later on when I finish my studies and look for a job , this gap would affect my chances of getting a job. Please advise..

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    arun_15juin
    Hi all ,

I am currently working and I want to do my higher studies next year in France. The course would ideally start in September 2012. Meanwhile I am planning to resign and learn some french and also start applying for various colleges and give examinations. I am scared that later on when I finish my studies and look for a job , this gap would affect my chances of getting a job. Please advise..
    Well, I too took a 6 months break from my career (when I was a software engineer 😀 ) and after 6 months, got awesome job offers from leading companies. They asked me what did I do in those 6 months and I told them everything. I also informed them why I thought it was a good decision for me to take a break. If you are planning to utilize the break in a constructive way - you can always get a job. In fact, in turned out in my favor. Interviewers too would have dreamed of taking a break from their routine, boring jobs and they saw me 'actually done it!'. They were fascinated and wanted to have me in their own projects.

All the best!
  • arun_15juin
    arun_15juin
    Thanks a lot for the reply Big_k..I am relieved now..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Have a Look at this. 😛 [youtube]jzIBZQkj6SY[/youtube]​
Hi everyone.I am doing my final year B.E in computer science.Need some help in choosing a topic for my final year project. So please suggest some good project topics under...
Lecture Series on Manufacturing Processes II by Prof.A.B.Chattopadhyay, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel Free to discuss and ask questions.
Lecture Series on Manufacturing Processes II by Prof.A.B.Chattopadhyay, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel Free to discuss and ask questions.
This lecture discusses the mechanism of chip formation. Lecture Series on Manufacturing Processes II topic Mechanism of Chip Formation Explained by Prof.A.B.Chattopadhyay, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel Free...