Gaming ! (on the PC, of course)

until recently, I didnt know that the term gaming referred to gambling in general... I was shocked !!

but I, being the clean soul that I am.. ๐Ÿ˜Ž , of course, referring to games on the computer....if there are any gamers around on CE... it will be great to have a shared library of games cds and dvds... since its impossible to buy 'em for most of us.. (at least the unemployed engineers..hehe..)

jokes aside (we really can share games, if anyone wants !!)... can we have some dedicated reviews of games on CE... not like the ones on IGN or gamespot...just plain simple things... to play or not to play will do...

these days I am mostly playing NFS Most wanted challenges... has anyone completed them all??

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Suyash, get in touch with Kidakaka. He's a hardcore gamer and he's in Hyderabad ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • mahul
    mahul
    Yeah suyash, i completed NFS Most wanted challenge series and loved all of it. Great to know some1 on CE is interested in it too. But i bet there must be others as well. As far as i'm concerned, its my fav racing game.
  • suyash
    suyash
    thanks big K !!

to mahul : I totally agree with you, NFS Most Wanted is simply the best game in the racing genre, in fact I didn't like Carbon/ProStreet as compared to Most Wanted.
    btw, let me know if you still have the game installed on your machine, cause I'm really stuck up big time on challenge #59 and #60 for quite some time... I'll be glad to mail you the save game file and hope you complete that race for me.. It will be a huge favour !!

please help me !!

to other gamers on CE : which other games are in vogue these days guys?
  • mahul
    mahul
    Sure, i do have the game installed on my pc. If u wd like me to complete challenge #59 and #60 for you, i would like to help you out, do mail me the savegame. I also have the totally complete save game, so i can mail it to you if u want that. And yeah, though the carbon graphics is awesome yet NFS MW is the best overall.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I love PC games! I'm into different sort of genres.. FPS, RTS, space sims, turned based strategies.

Anywayz, I plan to get a joystick soon, and will try to save up some cash to buy space sims ๐Ÿ˜€ I don't mind doing reviews on those!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yep! Reviews would be great! Waiting ! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • suyash
    suyash
    mahul
    Sure, i do have the game installed on my pc. If u wd like me to complete challenge #59 and #60 for you, i would like to help you out, do mail me the savegame. I also have the totally complete save game, so i can mail it to you if u want that. And yeah, though the carbon graphics is awesome yet NFS MW is the best overall.
    hey.... thanks a lot !!
    I will be sending you the game save file...
    is the email id you mentioned on your contact me page on your website valid? because I will be sending the file on that email...

do let me know..and thanks again !
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    I'm a bit old games guy, I like playstation 1 & 2 games

I've them as PS & PC games..

The most one is Driver series I LOVE IT!! I learnt car driving from this game It's the only cars game that simulates the real car perfectly, like when you hit some car with certain force not like hitting with higher force it doesn't cause the same damage & physical damage on the car itself & some great enviroments to drive in & exicting missions to accomplish, it's the most exciting car games series I've ever seen ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • mahul
    mahul
    suyash
    hey.... thanks a lot !!
    I will be sending you the game save file...
    is the email id you mentioned on your contact me page on your website valid? because I will be sending the file on that email...

do let me know..and thanks again !
    yeah suyash, i got your mail, i will be sending u the save game after completing the #59 & #60 challenges in a couple of days.
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    guys how about age of empires games.it is so cool too.the best strategy game i have played.
  • mahul
    mahul
    Friendster have u tried out Age of Mythology and Warcraft?? if not, do try them out, your opinions might undergo a change.
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    i have played age of mythology.but what it does is if we create few gods then we can easily defeat the nation.but in case of age of empire 2 the army play an important role.and the graphics is awesome too.
    i have not played the warcraft yet.
  • suyash
    suyash
    MaRo
    I'm a bit old games guy, I like playstation 1 & 2 games

I've them as PS & PC games..

The most one is Driver series I LOVE IT!! I learnt car driving from this game It's the only cars game that simulates the real car perfectly, like when you hit some car with certain force not like hitting with higher force it doesn't cause the same damage & physical damage on the car itself & some great enviroments to drive in & exicting missions to accomplish, it's the most exciting car games series I've ever seen ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I've always wanted to play DRIVER series games, since car racing is one of my most fav genres..but still haven't had the luck to play them due to one or more reasons...

since you play on playstation, are you shifting gears up to ps3 then? ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I think one pretty interesting strategy game to try out is the Total War series. I guess its pretty realistic in terms of controlling an army!

By the way, for those interested in a free space combat simulation game (with battles between large capital ships), check this out: FreeSpace 2 - Wikipedia

It was a commercial game released in 1999, but the company later provided the source code. That means its free now ๐Ÿ˜€ There are some gaming communities who continued work on it by updating the graphics and sound. You can download it here: Hard Light Productions
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    nice ash..do u have any other strategies games..
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Friendster, check out the following games
    1. starcraft (2 is also about to be released pretty soon)
    2. warcraft (2,3,4)
    3. aoe, aom
    4. rise of nations
    5. empire earth (1 and 2)
    6. dune 2000 (if u r a fan of the dune series only)
    7. command and conquer (all of them)
    8. wesnoth (completely free game)
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Sorry for the late reply, bro. Good list, Kidakaka!

C&C is one of the greatest series I've played. It brings nostalgia every time I play the original C&C, hehe. The prompts of "new construction options" and "insufficient funds", the little construction animations (especially the construction yard.. the MCV transforming to the building was just so awesome) etc.

I plan to get the Saitek Cyborg Evo joystick soon! Can't wait to play WC: Prophecy and Freespace 2 with it ๐Ÿ˜
  • samarjeetsaigal
    samarjeetsaigal
    hey s
    are you forgetting something. we missed our cup of tea...ya....i.e

COUNTER STRIKE

i think that this is the game which every engineer likes to play also there are several tournaments held in many colleges for this game. I and my collegemates play this game whole night.
  • sonasathish
    sonasathish
    kidakaka
    Friendster, check out the following games
    1. starcraft (2 is also about to be released pretty soon)
    2. warcraft (2,3,4)
    3. aoe, aom
    4. rise of nations
    5. empire earth (1 and 2)
    6. dune 2000 (if u r a fan of the dune series only)
    7. command and conquer (all of them)
    8. wesnoth (completely free game)
    \

I have played warcraft 2 and 3. But i don't know anything about warcraft 4! Is there any new thing in Warcraft 4? Can you give me a review of the game!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've played only two games so far on PC - Unreal & Prince Of Persia (Sands of Time) [โ€‹IMG]
  • aashima
    aashima
    Why Not!!

I guess I spend most of my time on my PC playing games ๐Ÿ˜›
    But the list ain't very long as the duration, simply love playing Need for speed and the very populars FreeCell and Spider Solitaire ๐Ÿ˜
  • kedarjk
    kedarjk
    I am playing Far cry right now. It's awesome game.
    Previously I have played Counter strike,Project IGI, Project IGI 2, Hitman, Hitman 2, blood,Age of empires, rise of nations etc. etc.

I think so far playing Far cry is the best experience. After that, "Rise of nations" is also a good game, I enjoyed playing it alot.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I saw few people play CRYSIS. How's CRYSIS?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Kedarjk, Have you played Half Life 1 & 2? You'll enjoy its story and gameplay ๐Ÿ˜€ The prices of the games would have dropped by now. Get the "Orange Box" compilation.. Half Life 2, Episode 1 & 2, Team Fortress 2 (multiplayer) and Portal ๐Ÿ˜€
  • kedarjk
    kedarjk
    Thanks Ash...!!! I will manage to play those games... [๐Ÿ˜‰]
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    sonasathish
    \

I have played warcraft 2 and 3. But i don't know anything about warcraft 4! Is there any new thing in Warcraft 4? Can you give me a review of the game!
    Warcraft 4 - I meant Frozen Throne
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I just played Codemaster's GRID last night at my friend's room. Totally AWESOME. Highly recommended for those playing racing games at the moment.
  • samarjeetsaigal
    samarjeetsaigal
    The Gears of War is also a very good game....everyone should take a taste of it.
  • Sunnyrulz
    Sunnyrulz
    Ithink i have spent half of my life in playing pc games and keeping it updated to meet the requirements for the latest games.but now i really think it is much harder to keep updating your pc.๐Ÿ˜”
    last game i played was COD4 and i really admire the series of COD.
    Just got "assassins creed" and "gears of war" installed
    good to see Gamers here ๐Ÿ˜
    โ€‹

• Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    ash
    I just played Codemaster's GRID last night at my friend's room. Totally AWESOME. Highly recommended for those playing racing games at the moment.
    But Controls are tougher than NFS Series.
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    Sunnyrulz
    Ithink i have spent half of my life in playing pc games and keeping it updated to meet the requirements for the latest games.but now i really think it is much harder to keep updating your pc.๐Ÿ˜”โ€‹
    last game i played was COD4 and i really admire the series of COD.โ€‹
    Just got "assassins creed" and "gears of war" installedโ€‹
    good to see Gamers here ๐Ÿ˜โ€‹
    Even I am glad to see you all. ๐Ÿ˜
  • aniruddha47
    aniruddha47
    suyash
    thanks big K !!

to mahul : I totally agree with you, NFS Most Wanted is simply the best game in the racing genre, in fact I didn't like Carbon/ProStreet as compared to Most Wanted.
    btw, let me know if you still have the game installed on your machine, cause I'm really stuck up big time on challenge #59 and #60 for quite some time... I'll be glad to mail you the save game file and hope you complete that race for me.. It will be a huge favour !!

please help me !!

to other gamers on CE : which other games are in vogue these days guys?
    dude the cod series is the new craze
    just finished cod bo2 awesome game
    but now a days the gaming industry is not even trying by which i mean
    add good graphics but shitty story line
    best game ever =>cod mw series and bo series
    ps:battlefeild is ok good graphics not so impressed
  • aniruddha47
    aniruddha47
    The_Big_K
    I saw few people play CRYSIS. How's CRYSIS?
    crysis is awesome dude played the latest version crysis 3 good grap[hics and story line lots of weapons
  • aniruddha47
    aniruddha47
    kedarjk
    I am playing Far cry right now. It's awesome game.
    Previously I have played Counter strike,Project IGI, Project IGI 2, Hitman, Hitman 2, blood,Age of empires, rise of nations etc. etc.

I think so far playing Far cry is the best experience. After that, "Rise of nations" is also a good game, I enjoyed playing it alot.
    bro plz dont try the 2 and 3 part of fr cry they suc i loved the first game full jungle adv
  • aniruddha47
    aniruddha47
    ash
    Kedarjk, Have you played Half Life 1 & 2? You'll enjoy its story and gameplay ๐Ÿ˜€ The prices of the games would have dropped by now. Get the "Orange Box" compilation.. Half Life 2, Episode 1 & 2, Team Fortress 2 (multiplayer) and Portal ๐Ÿ˜€
    portal is awesome even the second part

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

friends, good evening.After seeing this site i m very happy that the crazy engineers will help me for my mini project if any doubts r there!!!!!!
This book is like the paramount when it comes to effective management practices with respect to the manufacturing sector. What I wanted to know is, the name of the book...
Hi there, I have a safety question. I want to produce high temperature, high pressure steam. On a 1/2 inch tube, length is about 1 meter. Initially I put cold...
๐Ÿ˜€ HI friends i m a new comer so plz tell me how can i get benefit from this site.............
How To Stay Highly Motivated The degrees of success and happiness we achieve in life result overwhelmingly from the actions we take. But the actions which matter most are not...