Galaxy S5 Iris Scanner - What will it do?

Samsung's next smartphone, Galaxy S5 is expected to have an Iris Scanner. Ever since Apple announced that the iPhone will have biometric fingerprint scanner, it wasn't any wonder that Samsung will come up with something to beat that. Samsung's fix - the Iris scanner. You may know that the Iris can be used to uniquely identify users.

I'm wondering what will be the other uses of Iris scanner in S5 apart from offering security? Do you think the mobile makers are taking things too far?

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    If it was good in accurately finding the user it would be the best tech to enhance security .
    On the other side, The companies are trying to put their names alive in market .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am happy to start this post and i wish on behalf of members to all contributing members toCE team for achieving this feat. As far as now still 285...
Mechanical engineering graduate students Apoorva Kiran and Robert MacCurdy of Cornell University have 3D printed a loudspeaker. While most 3D printing projects involve printing just the outer shell and assembling...
Rumors floated earlier of Nokia developing its Android segment, and a mid-range Nokia Normandy which was announced earlier as the company's Android-powered phone was greeted with high excitement. But that...
We here at CrazyEngineers are taking our promotions seriously than ever before. With a series of launches planned for 2014, we are now looking for someone who would love to...
Lenovo India has come up with a new smartphone on the Indian shores with Lenovo Vibe X, a 5-inch smartphone cum phablet, that's got a lot of interesting features. Lenovo...