Galaxy Note Vs. Note II Specs Comparison Chart

Samsung has finally announced the new Note II and calls it a big upgrade over the existing Note. While there are definitely new things to look forward to in the new gadget; #-Link-Snipped-# folks have prepared a specs comparison chart for all of us. Take a look at it below.

Galaxy-Note-Vs-Galaxy-Note-II-Specs

Quick Differences:
  • Note II is bigger with 5.5" display
  • It's little heavier (~2 grams)
  • The PPI (pixels per inch) are lesser: 267 Vs 285)
  • Note II has bigger battery: 3100 mAh Vs 2500 mAh
  • 64 GB memory support in Note II over 32 GB in Note original
  • Front facing camera is 1.9 MP against the 2 MP in original.
  • Note II is NFC ready, out of the box.
  • Bluetooth 4.0 in the new device compared to Bluetooth 3.0
  • 1.6 Ghz processor in Note II is faster than 1.4 GHz in Note
  • RAM is upgraded to 2GB from 1 GB.
  • Ships with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
I'm not sure what will be the price of the phone in markets all over the world. But we have a strong reason to believe that the launch price of Note II will be more than the original device.
What do you think?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Galaxy Note is 1.4 GHz Dual core & Galaxy Note II is 1.6GHz Quad Core ,This is very big difference. Even though pixels per inch is somewhat less, but 1280x720 gives perfect 16:9 ratio than 1280x800, which is better. 2GB RAM is huge plus along-with Bluetooth 4.0 support.

What's expected price in India ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Expect Note II to be in the range of Rs. 35-40k or a little over that. Expect the Note original price to go down in October and that's going to make it a great purchase. Though there are noteworthy improvements in the Note II - the most awesome being the 3100 mAh battery; I'm going to wait for the benchmarks and hands on reviews. While the CPU is faster; I'm interested in watching the 'visible' improvements in performance.

16:9 aspect ratio would be super cool to watch the HD videos. Does anyone know what speed improvements Bluetooth 4.0 over BT 3.0?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    The_Big_K
    . Does anyone know what speed improvements Bluetooth 4.0 over BT 3.0?
    Unfortunately there is no change in data transfer rate in v4.0, it still shoots data at 24 Mb/s (BT v3.0 + HS); the change in v4.0 is Low power technology & Long range transfer of 200 feet (around 61 meters).

bluetooth-4

The Transfer rate improvement will be in v4.1
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's some nice thing to know. Usually, most of us think that with the increment of version number, we'll get faster speeds. The range surely is impressive, though. I don't imagine doing bluetooth data transfers from that far; but with bluetooth headphones; the range is desirable.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    These gadgets sure make me feel poor!! 😔
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If rumours are to be believed, Samsung Galaxy Note II will be priced at Rs. 38,000 in India. Do you think that'd make the phone 'overpriced' or 'rightly priced'? Expect the Note I prices to go down!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sir i want to construct a model of steering system who avoid accident n i want construct that design specially 4 middle class n i need ur help.my construction is...
i'm working on the project of thumb print reading in .net. Do anybody have any idea about it?
Chinese CNOOC Ltd had bid to take over Canadian Oil producer Nexen Inc. The bidding amount is - expected to be $15.1 BILLION. Canadian Government is reviwing the deal to...
Today in Berlin, Germany Samsung (After loosing a billion $ battle with Appe) showed off their first Windows Phone 8; umm world's first window 8 Phone device - ATIV S....
A quick navigating around the site did not show me the suggestion section. So I am shooting it here. Moderators are welcomed to move the thread wherever fitted. By the...