Galaxy Note III Supports 4K Video Recording - Really?

This is serious, folks! Samsung Galaxy Note III may have 4K video capture facility! According to SamMobile and HankYung (Korean); which have been accurate with their leaks in the past, the Galaxy Note III will allow users to record videos at whooping 3840x2160 pixels resolution. In addition, it will also offer 24-bit / 192 KHz music playback to keep the audiophiles happier than ever before.

We'd consume this news update with a pinch of a salt though - because the Note III itself won't be able to play the video in original reoslution (4K). You'll need to buy a bank-breaking 4K television or just store the videos till the prices of the 4K TVs come down so that you can enjoy your captures in their full glory.

Samsung Unpacked event is scheduled on September 4. Stay tuned!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No takers on this this yet? @#-Link-Snipped-# - is your keyboard alright, buddy?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I don't know, I was having problem in posting from Mobile.
    CE website(for mobile) ain't responsive as it used to be few months ago. Sad but true.

Anyways, I don't think 4K video capturing is coming to Note III, I can be wrong but I cannot swallow this news, I don't know why.
    If they bring this feature in Note III then it will be quite awesome though.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    This seems huge. They are making Note III the biggest mouth watering gadget upcoming. But what will be its effect on battery life?

Plus it should also give a boost to its photography too. This high resolution will also enable you to setup your videos directly at home theatre quality where people own expensive screens.
  • lal
    lal
    To be honest, for me, this has become boring! Too much quality is redundant. Unusable for daily use. It is just a 'wow' factor I would say.

I would rather have liked it if it used something like h265. Better quality at a lower expense of storage space; in short a 'better technology'. But this, is just a show off, according to me!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    They will definitely have to show off to please investors and potential customers. Else Samsung will quickly be on its way to become Nokia or BlackBerry. I think Sammy guys know their game very well.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Boeing [NYSE: BA] rolled out the super-efficient 787-9 on August 24th. The company said that the first 787-9 Dreamliner is the latest addition to the 787 family and was rolled...
The value of Rupee in the international markets is enjoying a Skydive and it seems to have forgotten its parachute. Since we have a lot of CEans from India -...
It's high time that we humans realise that the CO2 emissions need to be controlled if we want to save our planet from Global warming. Research engineers at the University...
Nokia's so-called phablet codenamed "Bandit" shall be termed Nokia Lumia 1520, if rumours are anything to go by. The device recently received its Bluetooth SIG certification. This is what @evleaks'...
Sony's latest flagship device, the Xperia Z1, has got some outstanding specs to boast about, and one specific feature of the Android beauty that really had our attention arrested is...