Galaxy Note 7 Production Suspended

Nothing seems to be going right for Samsung Galaxy Note 7. The phone that promised the best of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7: Iris Scanner, Water Resistant Body & Android Marshmallow had to be recalled after multiple reports of the phones catching fire. The phone was DGCA Bans Samsung Galaxy Note 7 On Flights for safety reasons in most parts of the world and Samsung had to incur losses of millions of dollars. Samsung promised that it's fixed the issue and began shipping the new devices with a green battery charging indicator that'd indicate a 'safe phone'.

But then, there were new reports of the replacement units catching fire. Yonhap News has reported that after the reports of Note 7 catching fire, Samsung has decided to halt the production temporarily. The Korea based newspaper informed that it's obtained information from an anonymous source who works with one of the Samsung's hardware suppliers.

Apparently, Samsung was left with no option but to take the hard decision. It's just about a month since Samsung ordered a global recall of about 2.5 million Galaxy Note 7 units. Samsung has already encouraged all the customers of Note 7 phones to swap their devices with the new ones, but it now looks like the Note 7 phone will be discontinued.

GalaxyNote7ProductionSuspended

There were reports that it's the faulty battery supplied with the Note 7 that's causing it to warm up and catch fire. It's important to note that because these batteries are not user replaceable, Samsung has to order a total recall of the device. Samsung might want to rethink their strategy and allow user replaceable batteries.

What's your take on the issue?

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Along with making advancements in the field of astronomy, the researchers at NASA are also working towards public welfare. Recently, the team at NASA Langley Research Centre developed a polymer...
Hello all, Today we are announcing the next one in our series of weekend quizzes. We have a quiz coming up on Sunday i.e. 16th October, 2016 for all the...
Qual: MCA, BE, MSc in IT, Comp.Sci., Electronics
Though it might not come as a surprise to the tech community, the rumour wheel has it that Samsung is all set to launch its new Galaxy S series smartphone...
Sir I have completed my civil engineering . But Im still confused what to do after this. Im interested in designing a buildings or any other structure I don't wana...