Future Scope Of Java and .Net - The Definitive Answer

One of the most important question every aspiring software engineer asks is "What is the future scope of Java or .Net (dot net)?"; and I thought I'd write a definitive answer to it. The question actually is - "Which technology should I choose - Java or .Net; for a well paying job and stable career?". We've discussed this question separately, and I'd request you to read this discussion -https://Java or .Net - Which is better for future & career?

Scope of .Net and Java :

One thing that every software engineer should understand is that .net and Java currently offer lot of opportunities all over the world. There are plenty of systems that have been developed and are under continuous development using .net technologies and Java. All of the big IT services companies in India like TCS, Infosys, Cognizant, Accenture and others will have long term projects that use .net and Java. All of this points to the fact that you can expect these technologies to be in demand for foreseeable future.

Choice of Technology for your career:

If you are a college student, you should start exploring both these technology domains right away. There's plenty of information about them available online so that you can get a 'feel' of both.

I'd recommend that you develop sufficient skill-set in both; because you may never know which technology you will end up working on. The way big IT companies in India work is that they recruit freshers from colleges and then train them on various technologies for a period of 3 months. Then the candidates are put on various projects.

Most of the times, the candidates will NOT get an option to choose between the technologies. So you may have inclination towards Java, but you'll end up working on .net.

Final advice is this: Just become a programmer and build strong foundation in programming. Once you have built a good foundation in programming, you will be able to quickly adopt any technology or programming language that you'll be asked to work on.

Remember, there are growth opportunities in both Java and .Net and your should ensure that you learn as much as you can on the job.

If you have questions, I'll be happy to answer them. Ask your questions below.

Replies

• vignesh30
    vignesh30
    Thank you sir first, As I'm ECE I just needed that .net is connected to My branch (As u know studying Ece we can go both side). Because studying 4 year and going to another side its a change its dimension right
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    vignesh30
    Thank you sir first, As I'm ECE I just needed that .net is connected to My branch (As u know studying Ece we can go both side). Because studying 4 year and going to another side its a change its dimension right
    The beauty of software programming is that anyone can learn it at any point of time in their career. I'm not sure what you mean by ".net is connected to my branch". The choice of technology or platform is decided by several factors; and I'm pretty much sure that you'll find plenty of applications and tools relevant to electronics and communications engineering developed using Java.

Also note that my first post is very generic and meant for helping engineers who are confused about their technology choice. The bottom line is that - it does *NOT* matter which line you choose. The only thing engineers should focus on is that they excel in the line they pick up or are asked to work on.
  • Bala Krishna Ceeparseti
    Bala Krishna Ceeparseti
    I seriously wonder how come .Net is connected to ECE!!!😲 I would again agree with #-Link-Snipped-# with the fact that whether it is java or .net.....

"It doesnt matter"!!
    " Both has its own importance"!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm going passed 2016 what can do next? I need a job
does DRDO, Pune provides internship for 6 months?
Hello Crazyengineers, I am Charan. I completed my Masters in Telecom and working here as Software Engineer right now. I describe myself as a simpleton and a guy who stick...
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)’s Langley Research Center in Hampton, Virginia awarded two robot prototypes to MIT and the Northeastern University for further research and development. NASA believes that...
Researchers at MIT have identified a new way to manipulate single cells and cell structures without damaging or disfiguring them. The cells are carried around in space by sound waves,...